|Feb 10, 2013, 07:20 AM||#1|
Windows to Mac iTunes - library quesitons
Noob to the mac platform. I got a mini and will be primarily used for home audio => run iTunes off of mini (headless) which is connected to AVR (using iTunes remote app from a touch / ipad).
My music library is mainly lossless (alac), 1TB in size and resides on a NAS (music files as well as the iTunes library folder/database files). It was all created from a Win7 x64 workstation running iTunes 10.7.0.21. So now I am setting up the mini to take over as the master iTunes system.
Looking for any advice or gotcha's on proper execution.
Is it a simple matter of firing up iTunes on the mini:
1. In the Adv options of iTunes select the iTunes media folder location on the NAS, exit iTunes
2. Do the option button trick while starting iTunes to get the prompt to select a library. Then browse to the iTunes folder on the NAS and select the database file. (I have the NAS music folder mounted and also added it to the auto user login options)
- Will the mac version of iTunes convert the database to a mac "format" and therefore Windows iTunes can't or shouldn't be used?
- To manage say my iPod can I add music from the Win iTunes computer or should I use the mac via VNC since its headless (restore/wipe ipod first and re-add music)
- In iTunes what are the recommended Preference > Advanced options to enable/disable (both - keep files organized + copy file to itunes folder are disabled)
- Should the mini run under an admin or standard user (It's set to automatically login)
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|iTunes Library file different for Mac/Windows||Darien Red Sox||Apple TV and Home Theater||5||Aug 22, 2014 10:54 AM|
|How to transfer itunes library from windows to mac?||Bensal1992||Mac Applications and Mac App Store||3||Aug 10, 2013 02:06 PM|
|Transfering iTunes 11 Library from PC to Mac||wayne905||Mac Applications and Mac App Store||2||Dec 11, 2012 05:19 AM|
|Easiest way to transfer iTunes library from windows to iMac||bobright||iMac||5||Oct 21, 2012 12:33 PM|
|SD Card Uses on the 13" MBA (Windows partition, iTunes/iphoto library, etc.)||FNG||MacBook Air||1||Jun 13, 2012 10:38 PM|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:35 PM.