Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Nov 28, 2010
located
Ok the first option using the Clipgrab and rewrap was working well until I dragged the .mts file into the rewrap unzipped file and then it creates the .mkv file within 1-2 seconds but the .mkv doesn't contain anything, it's zero kb.

I'm not sure what is going on, can you help me with this too please?

Thanks again mate
Have you tried the Container Switcher Application from floh yet?
If that does not work, create or find a small sample video from your camera and upload it as a compressed ZIP and provide the link in order to find out what is wrong, since you should not get an .MKV but an .M4V file, and that .M4V file should be similar in size to the .MTS.

Dave Braine

macrumors 68040
Mar 19, 2008
Warrington, UK
ok so i've updated to snow leopard
Are you really sure that you've upgraded to Snow Leopard? Less than an hour between finding the link and saying that you've upgraded. You can only upgrade using a DVD that you have to buy from the Apple Store.

daybreak

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2009
Hi :apple:, reading you questions and answers you are getting makes me believe certain aspects you don't understand or your Computer is not working correct.
If you are going to use Mac for editing your video look at a few tutorials on YouTube and other internet formats.
You need to understand what your computer can do and what iMovie can do. Then when you ask a question you will know how to resolve your problem after you get the feedback.
Saying that there is a lot to learn and even us get to the state of flinging the computer out at times.

CyrusOz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 15, 2009
Are you really sure that you've upgraded to Snow Leopard? Less than an hour between finding the link and saying that you've upgraded. You can only upgrade using a DVD that you have to buy from the Apple Store.

I followed a tutorial on youtube that showed how to both download and install snow leopard from a usb HD, i followed that and bingo. my system is now running 10.6 which is apparently snow leopard.

FWIW, my Imac hasn't been running properly in a long time but since the upgrade it appears to have resolved many of the old issues... although it has screwed up my firefox :(

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.