Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Feb 10, 2013, 10:49 AM   #1
AcesHigh87
macrumors 6502a

iPod Nano (7th Gen) Screen Warranty

I got my 7th Gen iPod nano a little before Christmas and it has been running great for the past two months. Unfortunately the other day it fell out of my pocket and landed on the corner of the screen, shattering the glass immediately. I'll admit I should have put it in a case / not in my pocket but that's a detail for later.

My question is: Does the base 1-year warranty cover screen replacements? The nearest apple store is over 4 hours away but we do have a jump+ (basically the same, just not as fancy) which is authorized for apple repairs so I'm going to bring it there. I just want to know if I'll be stuck paying for new glass or if it'll be covered.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 11:00 AM   #2
Orange Crane
macrumors 6502

Broken screen is not covered under warranty.
Orange Crane is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2013, 01:47 PM   #3
Carlanga
macrumors 603

lol, mishandling is not covered in normal warranty. You will have to pay.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 05:24 PM   #4
AcesHigh87
macrumors 6502a

Yeah, I figured that was the case but I was hoping haha. Anyone have an idea of how much? They said they don't normally repair them at jump+ (annoying since they put all other apple repair places in the city out of business) but I can call tomorrow and ask their tech about ordering the part. I just want to know what kind of price point I can expect.

For that matter, what kind of safety precautions do people suggest to avoid this happening again?
Old Feb 16, 2013, 02:45 PM   #5
Jessica Lares
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcesHigh87 View Post
Yeah, I figured that was the case but I was hoping haha. Anyone have an idea of how much? They said they don't normally repair them at jump+ (annoying since they put all other apple repair places in the city out of business) but I can call tomorrow and ask their tech about ordering the part. I just want to know what kind of price point I can expect.

For that matter, what kind of safety precautions do people suggest to avoid this happening again?
Look at the iFix it repair guide and see if you can even do it. I know I couldn't even if I wanted to.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 06:50 AM   #6
alphaod
macrumors Core

I would ask the store how much it is to fix. I think it's $50, but you should ask them.

And to avoid this, I'd get a rubberized case.

I wouldn't bother trying to fix this. iFixIt says you need to use a hot air gun, and bunch of voodoo to fix it.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 03:58 PM   #7
AcesHigh87
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaod View Post
I would ask the store how much it is to fix. I think it's $50, but you should ask them.

I wouldn't bother trying to fix this. iFixIt says you need to use a hot air gun, and bunch of voodoo to fix it.
Had to send it into apple to get them to replace it, $96 <_<
Old Jul 23, 2013, 03:28 AM   #8
oliveripley
macrumors newbie

Hi there I can't help you with the warranty prob but I'm looking for a broke. One myself my son has damaged his Santa iPod and I've been trying for ever to find a damaged one if you or anyone can help me thank you
oliveripley is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2013, 03:40 AM   #9
oliveripley
macrumors newbie

iPod nano 7th generation

Hi guys and galls I'm needing some help I bought my son iPod nano 7th gen at Christmas 150 odd plus 50 product Care cover but of course he didn't just break it he lost it to . If anyone has a broken one it would be much appreciated as even with it broken I paid extra to cover me breakin. It is alot of money to loose out on for me thanks
oliveripley is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2013, 11:28 AM   #10
Jessica Lares
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliveripley View Post
Hi guys and galls I'm needing some help I bought my son iPod nano 7th gen at Christmas 150 odd plus 50 product Care cover but of course he didn't just break it he lost it to . If anyone has a broken one it would be much appreciated as even with it broken I paid extra to cover me breakin. It is alot of money to loose out on for me thanks
You can't just bring in any iPod, it HAS to match the serial.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 09:50 PM   #11
IPod Kid
macrumors newbie

Its 80 dollars, I dropped mine too
IPod Kid is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod