Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

2020mike

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2012
With 100% feedback, yeah.

----------

Update: I just called USPS, they started an investigation on the package. Hopefully they can find it. Since the seller lives so close to me, I might just go to his house and demand the money.

----------

Update: I just called USPS, they started an investigation on the package. Hopefully they can find it. Since the seller lives so close to me, I might just go to his house and demand the money.

Yeah that's a smart move show up to he guys house. What if he pulls a gun on you and you end up getting hurt or worse even killed? With your way of thinking you are showing in this post, maybe college isn't in your cards. See you on the corner while you try to hustle people playing 3 card monte.

Happybunny

macrumors 68000
Sep 9, 2010
I only once got cheated by a seller on eBay, I bought a Lego Millenium Falcon for 400€ paid via PayPal.

I got worried about two days later when I noticed his account had been deleted. I got in touch with both eBay and PayPal, my money was returned in 4 days.

Squilly

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 17, 2012
PA
Yeah that's a smart move show up to he guys house. What if he pulls a gun on you and you end up getting hurt or worse even killed? With your way of thinking you are showing in this post, maybe college isn't in your cards. See you on the corner while you try to hustle people playing 3 card monte.

I'm in college.... -.-

TPadden

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2010
Yeah, lol. I suck at math, going for Engineering at the moment. Fml -.-
I might just see another problem looming .......:eek:

MansGotToKnowHisLimitations_22.jpg

Last edited:

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
I don't get how you got the address label wrong :rolleyes:
Then your account got suspended in the middle of this, which makes no sense as a buyer unless you did something wrong
I think you are just trolling

Squilly

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 17, 2012
PA
I don't get how you got the address label wrong :rolleyes:
Then your account got suspended in the middle of this, which makes no sense as a buyer unless you did something wrong
I think you are just trolling

I didn't get the address wrong. EBAY got the address wrong. I'm not trolling.

dma550

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2009
CT
You know, I have been on ebay since 2000. I have had two bad transactions in the whole time, and only one was a scam - the other just a grouchy person that I lost $35.00 to. I have 350 feedback.

I usually find that when someone reports being "scammed by ebay" they played a part in it, and maybe were just scammed trying to scam.

Didn't you insure the computer? Was it in fact lost, or just sent to someone else? I think that you should not have shipped it at that point, but who knows.

Squilly

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 17, 2012
PA
You know, I have been on ebay since 2000. I have had two bad transactions in the whole time, and only one was a scam - the other just a grouchy person that I lost $35.00 to. I have 350 feedback.

I usually find that when someone reports being "scammed by ebay" they played a part in it, and maybe were just scammed trying to scam.

Didn't you insure the computer? Was it in fact lost, or just sent to someone else? I think that you should not have shipped it at that point, but who knows.

eBay sent me a shipping label, they should have known the address was incorrect due to their "great" staff. :rolleyes:
I don't know what happened to it. When I called USPS last, they said it was going to a returns facility in DC.

----------

If your attitude is "I suck at math," then you most certainly will continue to suck at math. You've already given up.

I'm not bad with Algebra, haven't taken Calc yet, but already know I'm god-awful at Trig (and shapes in general). That's what I hear; you're either good with numbers or good with shapes, rarely are you good with both.

mobilehaathi

macrumors G3
Aug 19, 2008
The Anthropocene
I'm not bad with Algebra, haven't taken Calc yet, but already know I'm god-awful at Trig (and shapes in general). That's what I hear; you're either good with numbers or good with shapes, rarely are you good with both.

Ridiculous. But if you're struggling with this basic math material you either need to sit down and identify what aspects of learning math are causing you trouble (and then work on them), or you need to rethink your major. Sorry, this is way OT now...

dukebound85

macrumors Core
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level

What in the world?

It's easy to be good at "both". What type of saying is that anyways? Shapes are nothing but mathematical expressions in the first place

tigres

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2007
Land of the Free-Waiting for Term Limits
Ebay really has pissed me off as of late as well.

OP, good luck with your item refund- but seeing as how Ebay owns PP, I too think they don't really care to help. BTW, USPS fail on return. Good luck tracking that down as well. :rolleyes:

Member there since 2000, and my recent sale of 2 items totaling 74.00 forced a wait time of 3 weeks for my money. Sold a MBA a few years ago, and the buyer had to actually call PP for them to release my $ after a 10 days, + feedback left, and proof of delivery.
All were shipped FexEx, with Tracking on PP confirmed address on both ends.

I'm done selling there, and have a difficult time even thinking of continuing my business with that company.

dma550

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2009
CT
eBay sent me a shipping label, they should have known the address was incorrect due to their "great" staff. :rolleyes:
I don't know what happened to it. When I called USPS last, they said it was going to a returns facility in DC.

Hmm, it does seem like you're caught in a loophole here - have you tried the "no, let me speak with your supervisor" route? It sounds like at least it's going to surface at some point. Again, hope you insured it!

js81

macrumors 65816
Dec 31, 2008
KY
You must have been doing something really bad to get your accounts closed. :rolleyes:

I'm with this. I had an item de-listed and was warned by eBay, all because I made one tiny mistake in my listing (it was a baby heartbeat doppler my wife had when she was pregnant with our daughter, and apparently it's a "medical device" that has to have a company name, address, and phone number listed - I had none of those). Worst thing I got was lost listing fees and a "non-compliant" mark on my Detailed Seller Rating. I didn't get banned; not even close.

I think eBay absolutely SUCKS of late. They ALWAYS side with the buyer (in my experiences). I've lost money multiple times because a buyer simply claimed that something wasn't right - even though I offered returns and refunds on the item, and they never even tried to return it. I recently had a buyer who claimed 3 days after the sale completed that I took two weeks to ship the item and eBay STILL sided with them. Ridiculous! Personally, I try to keep eBay transactions (buying OR selling) under $50 or so... too much risk any more...

Last edited:

demosthenes80

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2013
You sure get "scammed" a lot. Seems maybe buying on eBay or CL isn't for you. You said you lived with your parents right? Maybe you could also speak to your parents before making a buying decision as they may be able to keep you safer.

Or perhaps let his mommy and daddy do the shopping for him. Though based on the below comment, maybe not.

They trust eBay, just not Craigslist.

Well they've got it bass-ackwards.

----------

Not really. I saw someone selling intangible items on there so I started doing it. I got caught and suspended.

Wow, you're a terrible person.

thekev

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2010
Yeah, lol. I suck at math, going for Engineering at the moment. Fml -.-

Math isn't that difficult. It's sometimes taught in weird static ways that don't properly communicate its principles. Some college level math relies on memorization as well, when the proof of concept for a specific topic won't be explained within that course. I would give up on ebay permanently. You're supposed to be banned, so you should not count on them for help with a problem. If you were banned long ago, you weren't supposed to be there. I'm not sure if they would treat the situation differently if the bannable offense had occurred after the recent sale and attempted return.

Squilly

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 17, 2012
PA
Community college?

----------

Yeah, if you're smart, which it sounds is not the case with the OP.

Commuting, but not a community college.
Ouch -.-

----------

Math isn't that difficult. It's sometimes taught in weird static ways that don't properly communicate its principles. Some college level math relies on memorization as well, when the proof of concept for a specific topic won't be explained within that course. I would give up on ebay permanently. You're supposed to be banned, so you should not count on them for help with a problem. If you were banned long ago, you weren't supposed to be there. I'm not sure if they would treat the situation differently if the bannable offense had occurred after the recent sale and attempted return.

Luckily, I got the account reinstated somehow. I was able to appeal the decision, hoping they decide in my favor.

----------

Wow, you're a terrible person.

Because people didn't read the description?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.