Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Steevie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 27, 2012
I know we're technnically half way through the iphone 5 life cycle but where are the new exciting cases at!!! Im pumped about mophie releasing their helium and cant wait to try the Atlas but since the slim armor I havent been pumped about any new cases

clyde2801

macrumors 601
Let's see....new member with asian-ish sounding name making numerous posts about a new iPhone bumper made in Korea. Is anyone else smelling a canned pork product?

And seriously, you can't use 30 pin to lightning adapters with this bumper. Retool the sucker and make the bottom open!

And to respond to the OP, maybe the case manufacturers are waiting to see if Apple's going to keep the design and upgrade the internals before they release new products. If I were a case manufacturer now, I'd hesitate to spend thousands of dollars and months to design and build a product; Apple could be releasing a completely new design in a few months as far as we know.

RichardC300

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2012
What "cool" features?

• Thin, so you don't walk around with a bulky case.
  • Covers the whole phone, except for the screen, but has individual openings for the mute switch, lightning port, speaker, and mic/headphone jack, so there are no unnecessary openings (i.e. sleep/wake button and volume buttons).
  • Has a lip, so you can lay it on the table without worrying about scratching the screen (even with a glass screen protector) and also covers the chamfer edges.
  • Made of TPU, so it's highly scratch resistant and fairly shock absorbent.
  • Very sleek design with interesting color combinations.
  • A sufficient, but somewhat big, camera cutout to avoid flashback issues.
  • Buttons that work well, unless you are a very frail person.
The list goes on. ;)

Premium1

macrumors 65816
Jan 26, 2013
  • Thin, so you don't walk around with a bulky case.
  • Covers the whole phone, except for the screen, but has individual openings for the mute switch, lightning port, speaker, and mic/headphone jack, so there are no unnecessary openings (i.e. sleep/wake button and volume buttons).
  • Has a lip, so you can lay it on the table without worrying about scratching the screen (even with a glass screen protector) and also covers the chamfer edges.
  • Made of TPU, so it's highly scratch resistant and fairly shock absorbent.
  • Very sleek design with interesting color combinations.
  • A sufficient, but somewhat big, camera cutout to avoid flashback issues.
  • Buttons that work well, unless you are a very frail person.
The list goes on. ;)

Well all those things you listed seem to be available on a variety of cases and aren't really specific to just this case.

RichardC300

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2012
Well all those things you listed seem to be available on a variety of cases and aren't really specific to just this case.

But no other case has all these features in one case along with the quality exhibited by this case.

RichardC300

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2012
speck cases do...

Unfortunately not. At least for the iPhone 5. Their cases have grilles over the speaker and mic. These grilles collect dust in there and there's no way to quickly clean it, unlike the Belkin, where you can just blow at it.

Premium1

macrumors 65816
Jan 26, 2013
Unfortunately not. At least for the iPhone 5. Their cases have grilles over the speaker and mic. These grilles collect dust in there and there's no way to quickly clean it, unlike the Belkin, where you can just blow at it.

Whoops I meant body glove. I have so many cases I forgot which is which.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.