Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Daventa7

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 9, 2013
Ok here's the problem. For the last 5 months I've been connecting to my wireless router just fine, no problems. Yesterday I was having a problem where every hour or so it would disconnect me and I had to restart my computer in order for it to connect again. Today when I woke up it simply won't connect to the Wireless Router at all, telling me "Wi-Fi does not have an IP address and cannot connect to the internet." I tried erasing the network name off of my known networks but it doesn't even give me the option to type in a password when I try to connect to it again, it gives me the same issue as before. Any other network I attempt to connect to will give me the option to input a password, except for the network I normally use. Both my room mates are able to connect just fine wirelessly to the router, due to this my one room mate who has the router in his room is refusing to restart it. Regardless, I have searched far and wide on the internet but nobody seems to have the exact problem that I do. I'm on the verge of tearing my hair out in frustration and need help.

I have Mac OS X 10.7.4 and I'm running Mac OS X Lion 10.7.4

I'm not all too technical when it comes to using computers so I have not had much luck trying to figure any of this out on my own.

RedCroissant

Suspended
Aug 13, 2011
Ok here's the problem. For the last 5 months I've been connecting to my wireless router just fine, no problems. Yesterday I was having a problem where every hour or so it would disconnect me and I had to restart my computer in order for it to connect again. Today when I woke up it simply won't connect to the Wireless Router at all, telling me "Wi-Fi does not have an IP address and cannot connect to the internet." I tried erasing the network name off of my known networks but it doesn't even give me the option to type in a password when I try to connect to it again, it gives me the same issue as before. Any other network I attempt to connect to will give me the option to input a password, except for the network I normally use. Both my room mates are able to connect just fine wirelessly to the router, due to this my one room mate who has the router in his room is refusing to restart it. Regardless, I have searched far and wide on the internet but nobody seems to have the exact problem that I do. I'm on the verge of tearing my hair out in frustration and need help.

I have Mac OS X 10.7.4 and I'm running Mac OS X Lion 10.7.4

I'm not all too technical when it comes to using computers so I have not had much luck trying to figure any of this out on my own.

What kind of router is it? Do you have problems with this roommate normally? And what kind of Mac do you have?

Daventa7

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 9, 2013
What kind of router is it? Do you have problems with this roommate normally? And what kind of Mac do you have?
It's a Macbook Pro. And no, I don't have any problems with my room mate so I don't see why he would put a block on my laptop if that's what you're getting at. I can connect just fine with my iPhone and iPod to the router, and I took my laptop to my buddy's house and it connected to the internet there just fine, but it was tweaking out a bit. It kept disconnecting and reconnecting for a little while, everyone else's worked just fine.

RedCroissant

Suspended
Aug 13, 2011
It's a Macbook Pro. And no, I don't have any problems with my room mate so I don't see why he would put a block on my laptop if that's what you're getting at. I can connect just fine with my iPhone and iPod to the router, and I took my laptop to my buddy's house and it connected to the internet there just fine, but it was tweaking out a bit. It kept disconnecting and reconnecting for a little while, everyone else's worked just fine.

Which model of the MBP do you have? This might be the obvious answer that you've already heard, but it seems to me that you need to take it in to an Apple Store or elsewhere to have your WiFi checked.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.