Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Feb 10, 2013, 09:35 PM   #1
Poisonivy326
macrumors 6502

iphone refusing to let me edit music

So I plug in my iphone today to my macbook, open itunes, and try to move some songs and delete some songs on my iphone, and for some reason it's not letting me. I clicked "music" on iphone, tried to drag over some new songs and delete some others, and it won't let me. Anyone know how to fix this? Is it a bug? I just downloaded the new itunes the other day.
Poisonivy326 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2013, 09:51 PM   #2
Mrbobb
macrumors 601

In the Apple ecosystem, unlike other vendors, they want u to make all ur changes to the ITUNES LIBRARY, then, hit the SYNC button and the changes will go into the phone.
Mrbobb is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2013, 10:02 PM   #3
Poisonivy326
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbobb View Post
In the Apple ecosystem, unlike other vendors, they want u to make all ur changes to the ITUNES LIBRARY, then, hit the SYNC button and the changes will go into the phone.
Ugh that is annoying. I have a whole bunch of songs on itunes that I don't want to go in my iphone.
Poisonivy326 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2013, 10:54 PM   #4
Mrbobb
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poisonivy326 View Post
Ugh that is annoying. I have a whole bunch of songs on itunes that I don't want to go in my iphone.
That's ez.

There is a check box next to each song in iTunes, just uncheck the ones you don't want to go into the phone.

When u have your phone plugged in, under the music's tap, there is a box that says something like, SYNC MUSIC WITH CHECKBOX ONLY, say yes. This is a once-off configuration.

That's it, nothing to it.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone