Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Poisonivy326

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 25, 2012
So I plug in my iphone today to my macbook, open itunes, and try to move some songs and delete some songs on my iphone, and for some reason it's not letting me. I clicked "music" on iphone, tried to drag over some new songs and delete some others, and it won't let me. Anyone know how to fix this? Is it a bug? I just downloaded the new itunes the other day.:confused:

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
In the Apple ecosystem, unlike other vendors, they want u to make all ur changes to the ITUNES LIBRARY, then, hit the SYNC button and the changes will go into the phone.

Poisonivy326

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 25, 2012
In the Apple ecosystem, unlike other vendors, they want u to make all ur changes to the ITUNES LIBRARY, then, hit the SYNC button and the changes will go into the phone.

Ugh that is annoying. I have a whole bunch of songs on itunes that I don't want to go in my iphone.:rolleyes:

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
Ugh that is annoying. I have a whole bunch of songs on itunes that I don't want to go in my iphone.:rolleyes:

That's ez.

There is a check box next to each song in iTunes, just uncheck the ones you don't want to go into the phone.

When u have your phone plugged in, under the music's tap, there is a box that says something like, SYNC MUSIC WITH CHECKBOX ONLY, say yes. This is a once-off configuration.

That's it, nothing to it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.