Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Feb 11, 2013, 02:43 AM   #1
daturametal
macrumors newbie

To buy or not to buy.....iWork, that is....

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]query this: i really have problems with microsoft/anything on my mac. every powerpoint presentation i have prepared (saving separate versions, pre-cloud) has crashed, usually the day of pressentation and/or during (much better!) ... anyhow, i did away with word, and was just getting ready to purchase keynote to convert some powerpoints from class, and i aaw a link for iwork and thought.....hmmmm....at what point is it cost advantageous to just to ahead and buy the iwork.....it would be somewhat duplicative (since i have pages), but is it a break even/lose money or 50/50 type of transaction? (please help me and just do the math!!) anyhow, keynote is presently on sale for $19.99, f.y.i., so let me know what you think. this is my first thread, certainly not my first visit and i originally bought my first mac as a counter to re-buying a pc after losing all to the ie virus about 4-5 years ago. it was nasty and quite painful. i am from baltimore, originally, and still hate the indianapolis colts and quite frankly, always will...we just don't forget.....anyhow, i like the forum and learn a lot and that's all folks!!

(from dr. seuss):
"i meant what i said
and i said what i meant. . .
an elephant's faithful,
one hundred percent. . .."

daturametal is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 04:08 AM   #2
phoenixsan
macrumors 65816

I am a bit....

confused. If you want to erase all the traces of Microsoft/Office, maybe you will be good served with the full iWork. If only need Keynote to deal with the PowerPoint presentations that you have, buy only Keynote. I personally choose only to buy what I need, unless I can get a BIG (and I mean 35% or something like that) discount in a full-fledged solution, over a specific piece of software for a especific use.

Old Feb 12, 2013, 01:10 PM   #3
jacodb
macrumors newbie

The only way to buy iWork is to buy all 3 apps seperately on the App store. Apple did away with boxed versions so there is no way to buy all 3 apps at once. Buying the seperately comes in at exactly the same price as the boxed version used to cost, only now you buy what you need.
jacodb is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store