Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

j4zb4

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2011
Still not working for me in consolidated layout with these settings. With the other layouts as long as notification center is on and show on lockscreen is on my mail will show up as a notification, but never under widgets.

Edit: What hardware and OS version are you using j4zb4? I have a 4S on 6.1, mail is obviously an issue but I'm not having your slider problem. Hidden slider stays that way though I'm not using slide gestures with activator. When the slider is hidden I have a small bar across the bottom of my screen, when I tap it the slider comes up. I also have tap the status bar to unlock set up in activator and that works fine.

Ok I have set it up as notification and show on lock screen... Also I am not using the consolidated screen... I rather prefer the notifications + widgets with notifications showing on lockscreen... Another thing I guess is that Email isn't set up to show as a widget... Even in LI4... The difference I feel though was LI4 didn't really differentiate between the two... Where as LI5 puts a clear distinction between the two...

About the lockscreen slider... Well it does stay hidden, but there is an option to show slider in lockinfo... Which I do wish to use... In the earlier version it was only by double tapping the home button.. In this version in addition to the double tap they have by default kept slide in from bottom botom left and bottom right to bring up the slider... Which I do not want... Not I deactivate it through activator and keep slide from bottom to unlock the device... But everytime it resprings it resets it to show the slider... :(

BTW I am running the same hardware-software... 4S - 6.1

Dipzb90

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2011
Here's an odd one. I have BiteSMS configured to not show the QuickReply on the lockscreen, so that I can just see the message in LockInfo and touch it to get the QR.

1. Receive message while locked.
  2. Select message filter in LI
  3. Touch message - QR pops up...good
  4. "Close" message in QR
  5. Slide to unlock - QR for message reappears!
  6. "Close" message - lockscreen with nothing but clock/weather
  7. #5 again
  8. #6 again
  9. #5 again
  10. "Delete" message in QR
  11. Slide to unlock - lock sticks on right side of slider
  12. Click lock button on top of iPhone
  13. Push "Home" button - back to normal

having the exact same problem here, hope this gets fixed soon. One of the main reasons I used LI was to quick reply from the lockscreen. LI4 handled this behaviour perfectly

SlickUnderGun

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2013
Ok I have set it up as notification and show on lock screen... Also I am not using the consolidated screen... I rather prefer the notifications + widgets with notifications showing on lockscreen... Another thing I guess is that Email isn't set up to show as a widget... Even in LI4... The difference I feel though was LI4 didn't really differentiate between the two... Where as LI5 puts a clear distinction between the two...

About the lockscreen slider... Well it does stay hidden, but there is an option to show slider in lockinfo... Which I do wish to use... In the earlier version it was only by double tapping the home button.. In this version in addition to the double tap they have by default kept slide in from bottom botom left and bottom right to bring up the slider... Which I do not want... Not I deactivate it through activator and keep slide from bottom to unlock the device... But everytime it resprings it resets it to show the slider... :(

BTW I am running the same hardware-software... 4S - 6.1

I see what you mean now. I'm getting the same thing, if I turn off the slide gestures and respring they get set again. I didn't check but I would venture a guess and say that the preference file isn't getting written to so the deselection of the default gestures isn't getting saved. Probably just a temporary oversight, though he may have a reason for it. Anytime I respring my slider is visible the first time my lockscreen comes back up. I think it's kind of a reminder that you have to unlock once so LockInfo can take over the lock screen. After that first unlock my slider is gone again as it should be.

j4zb4

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2011
I see what you mean now. I'm getting the same thing, if I turn off the slide gestures and respring they get set again. I didn't check but I would venture a guess and say that the preference file isn't getting written to so the deselection of the default gestures isn't getting saved. Probably just a temporary oversight, though he may have a reason for it. Anytime I respring my slider is visible the first time my lockscreen comes back up. I think it's kind of a reminder that you have to unlock once so LockInfo can take over the lock screen. After that first unlock my slider is gone again as it should be.

that too... But even if you just turn your screen off and on again it comes back to normal... Don't really have to unlock and lock... I guess this should be sorted soon... I have written to david about this too...

SlickUnderGun

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2013
that too... But even if you just turn your screen off and on again it comes back to normal... Don't really have to unlock and lock... I guess this should be sorted soon... I have written to david about this too...

Even though those gestures keep getting set they don't seem to work properly. If I tap left-bottom or center-bottom the slider pops up. If I swipe left-bottom to right the password screen pops up. If I swipe right-bottom upward my camera pops up. Tapping right-bottom or swiping right-bottom to left does nothing. I'm not sure if it's intentional or not but I kind of like it.

Dorkington

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2010
I'm getting the bug of the clock not updating on the lockscreen weather widget.

I'm going to try uninstalling, removing prefs files, and reinstalling.

Also, no mail in consolidated view. One step forward, two steps back haha.

Last edited:

Sital

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2012
New England
Wow, apparently I picked a bad time to try LI for the first time. Even using the latest beta I had issues with the LS clock being displayed with LI pulled down and the overall usability needs improvement. The best thing was that the calendar notifications have the colored dot for each particular calendar. Oh well, I'm back on ISX for now, although I may ditch that and just go with a combination of the stock NC and NCsettings.

Cynikal.Mindset

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2010
Guelph ON, Canada
I get mail in consolidated view just fine, quick reply works as it should too

O5ZArOh.png

Cubs Fan

macrumors member
Aug 2, 2010
I'm getting the bug of the clock not updating on the lockscreen weather widget.

I'm going to try uninstalling, removing prefs files, and reinstalling.

Also, no mail in consolidated view. One step forward, two steps back haha.

I'm experiencing the exact same problems. Are you getting the e-mail icon on the status bar, because that's the one other thing that seems to be broken for me (other status bar notifications are working fine, just not e-mails).

Cubs Fan

macrumors member
Aug 2, 2010
The just-posted latest beta (5.0.1-51) fixes the updating weather issue for me, but not the e-mail issues

dinggus

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2012
LockInfo freezes my phone when I use the badge that drops LockInfo down and shows the widgets. I don't know if this is caused by the widgets I have or what.

Dipzb90

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2011
Here's an odd one. I have BiteSMS configured to not show the QuickReply on the lockscreen, so that I can just see the message in LockInfo and touch it to get the QR.

1. Receive message while locked.
  2. Select message filter in LI
  3. Touch message - QR pops up...good
  4. "Close" message in QR
  5. Slide to unlock - QR for message reappears!
  6. "Close" message - lockscreen with nothing but clock/weather
  7. #5 again
  8. #6 again
  9. #5 again
  10. "Delete" message in QR
  11. Slide to unlock - lock sticks on right side of slider
  12. Click lock button on top of iPhone
  13. Push "Home" button - back to normal

it would seem that putting lockinfo into consolidated mode works as a temporary fix

j4zb4

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2011
Anyone notice any changes in the 5.0.1-51 beta?

EDIT: Now 5.0.1-55

now 56

----------

Even though those gestures keep getting set they don't seem to work properly. If I tap left-bottom or center-bottom the slider pops up. If I swipe left-bottom to right the password screen pops up. If I swipe right-bottom upward my camera pops up. Tapping right-bottom or swiping right-bottom to left does nothing. I'm not sure if it's intentional or not but I kind of like it.

Wow, apparently I picked a bad time to try LI for the first time. Even using the latest beta I had issues with the LS clock being displayed with LI pulled down and the overall usability needs improvement. The best thing was that the calendar notifications have the colored dot for each particular calendar. Oh well, I'm back on ISX for now, although I may ditch that and just go with a combination of the stock NC and NCsettings.

He seems to have sorted out almost all the problems... And he has made a good mix of the best of LI4 and LI5... I am happy now... Time to send him an appreciation email... After the many I have sent him for the bugs... hehe...

musicmax

macrumors member
Aug 11, 2009
Finally made the jump to iOS 6.1/LI5 after

(a) monitoring this thread for the improvements/restoration of features David's made to LI
(b) testing it all on my old 3GS before putting it into "production" on the 4S

So far I've got Calendar, Twitter Timeline, Phone, and most app-specific notifications (i.e. eBay item ending soon) working great.

Mail still doesn't show up on Consolidated - works on standard NC setup as Banners.

So I am posting this as a THUMBS UP to David after my previous messages grumbling about the "dot-0" of LI5 dropping a lot of the stuff that made LI4 my favorite app. Well done Stimpy!

Last edited:

b1scu1t

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2011
I don't see this as paid app, I have it show up as a regular free widget and works great. There is another favourite widget which does a lot more stuff, but this free one works perfect for me.

There is a favorites widget. It's a free 14 day trial right now so worth trying

soccers56

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2011
Few more requests and it will be great!

I've been using versions of LockInfo 5 for the past week, and I can agree with many people here that its getting better with every beta release. Its almost exactly how I want it, and in some ways its already better than LockInfo 4.

Anyway, here are a few things that I haven't been able to figure out, and I know others have had problems with number 2:

1) Can I rearrange the order of the widgets to be different from the order in Notification Center? For example, I'd like my calendar to be at the top of the LockInfo widgets, while I'd rather have SBSettings at the top of Notification Center (and would prefer to to not even have Calendar to be on NC at all).

2) Mail on LockInfo: Could there be a setting to choose whether its in Widgets or Notifications? I think I might prefer it to be in widgets. Also, past unread messages are not showing up on LockInfo! This is probably my biggest problem right now. If I get new emails, they will show, however if open the mail app to view some of them, they all disappear from the lock screen. Also, there is no longer a way to preview messages from the lock screen while still leaving the message unread and remain on LockInfo.

If any of these are actually available right now but just hidden in settings, I'd appreciate your help! If not, I'm hopeful that some of these settings will be tackled in future updates.

Dorkington

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2010
I'm experiencing the exact same problems. Are you getting the e-mail icon on the status bar, because that's the one other thing that seems to be broken for me (other status bar notifications are working fine, just not e-mails).

I get the icon, but I don't get the email on lock screen. (Yes, even with the settings set as they should be, and even after I uninstalled everything and re-installed)

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Don't want to be a "spoiler" but I was a long time (bought legitimately) LockInfo user (since it first came out), but ....

This new version is so tightly tied to Notification Center that the WOW factor is gone since us long time users are spoiled with all the past customizations that were available. Even the Cydia page says it is "tightly integrated" with NC.

Plus, it no longer runs on iPads.

I have moved to IntelliscreenX6 for more options and iPad integration.

Shoot, even Springtomize2 will put the NC on the LockScreen for $2.99

Dorkington

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2010
Yeah, not working on iPads is a bummer, but that's way lower a priority for me. (Just recently picked up a Mini) I'd love to see him work on it after he gets it sorted for iPhone/iTouch though. :)

Sital

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2012
New England
He seems to have sorted out almost all the problems... And he has made a good mix of the best of LI4 and LI5... I am happy now... Time to send him an appreciation email... After the many I have sent him for the bugs... hehe...

I think my clock problem (LS clock showing up through LI) was due to having Invisible Slider installed. I uninstalled LI and Invisible Slider and then reinstalled LI and it appeared as it should. I then reinstalled IS, and while LI still looks ok, the slider is not invisible, so there must be some kind of conflict there.

But now since LI looks right I can go back to playing with the settings.

musicmax

macrumors member
Aug 11, 2009
In LI4 I could tap Phone VoiceMail and it would go to the VoiceMail app. Not working in 5. What am I doing wrong? I have tap-to-launch configured and it works for other things such as eBay.

Last edited:

twisted-pixel

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2009
San Jose, CA
nope...still no mail....rubbish

shows up in notification centre...and I have the icon in teh status bar...just nothing in LI

Last edited:

j4zb4

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2011
Few more requests and it will be great!

I've been using versions of LockInfo 5 for the past week, and I can agree with many people here that its getting better with every beta release. Its almost exactly how I want it, and in some ways its already better than LockInfo 4.

Anyway, here are a few things that I haven't been able to figure out, and I know others have had problems with number 2:

1) Can I rearrange the order of the widgets to be different from the order in Notification Center? For example, I'd like my calendar to be at the top of the LockInfo widgets, while I'd rather have SBSettings at the top of Notification Center (and would prefer to to not even have Calendar to be on NC at all).

2) Mail on LockInfo: Could there be a setting to choose whether its in Widgets or Notifications? I think I might prefer it to be in widgets. Also, past unread messages are not showing up on LockInfo! This is probably my biggest problem right now. If I get new emails, they will show, however if open the mail app to view some of them, they all disappear from the lock screen. Also, there is no longer a way to preview messages from the lock screen while still leaving the message unread and remain on LockInfo.

If any of these are actually available right now but just hidden in settings, I'd appreciate your help! If not, I'm hopeful that some of these settings will be tackled in future updates.

Infact I have the reverse problem... Even after reading the mails in the app they still show on the lock screen... And I'm getting annoyed at that...!

If you want mail to show at the top always why don't you go into lock info > appearance and sort them manually... Then keep mail right at the top if you want I that way...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.