Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Unknown.

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 11, 2013
better fill you in on the history... I was trying to install windows.. so I made a new partition for it and started installing. That gave me an error (it couldn't find the boot disk that I just made with boot camp...) I dropped the idea of installing it and deleted the partition reseting the size on the macOS partition to total..

The problem is.. now I want to format my mac fresh-fabric defaults and try installing windows again.

When I push the option key I do see the recovery partition.. when I press enter on it.. the computer just turns off..
I have already fixed the disk so that is not the issue and I already set the default disk to the Macintosh HD..

edited:[we're talking about a macbook air mid 2012 13']

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2010
located
Did you use Boot Camp Assistant to create and delete the Boot Camp / Windows partition?
Tried pressing CMD+R instead of OPTION during startup?

Unknown.

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 11, 2013
Did you use Boot Camp Assistant to create and delete the Boot Camp / Windows partition?
Tried pressing CMD+R instead of OPTION during startup?

yes I did all in the boot camp. to delete the windows partition and then resize de macHD I used disk utility.
no.. I don't even know the outcome of cmd+R I'm sorry. what will that do?

Nov 28, 2010
located
yes I did all in the boot camp. to delete the windows partition and then resize de macHD I used disk utility.
no.. I don't even know the outcome of cmd+R I'm sorry. what will that do?

That boots into the Recovery Mode.

OS X: About OS X Recovery

PS: Do not use Disk Utility to remove a Windows / Boot Camp partition, that is what Boot Camp Assistant is there for.

Last edited:

Unknown.

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 11, 2013
Ok, I'll try that and let you know as soon as possible what happened. if I format it I mean.. really erase the macHD partition and instal lion from the recovery, there won't be any traces of windows partitions left from the previous misuse of utility disk instead of boot camp right?
I mean.. if this works, it'll be good as new right?

Nov 28, 2010
located
Ok, I'll try that and let you know as soon as possible what happened. if I format it I mean.. really erase the macHD partition and instal lion from the recovery, there won't be any traces of windows partitions left from the previous misuse of utility disk instead of boot camp right?
I mean.. if this works, it'll be good as new right?

There should be no trace left if you format the HDD properly:

Unknown.

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 11, 2013
ok so I did cmd+R and connected it to the internet.. There's a world turning around and.. it isn't doing anything.. I don't wanna lie, but for the past 15 minutes it's like that.. As I was writing it stopped..

The screen has an exclamation mark so I don't predict any good coming out of this.. says apple.com/support
2102F

help.. anyone?

Nov 28, 2010
located
ok so I did cmd+R and connected it to the internet.. There's a world turning around and.. it isn't doing anything.. I don't wanna lie, but for the past 15 minutes it's like that.. As I was writing it stopped..

The screen has an exclamation mark so I don't predict any good coming out of this.. says apple.com/support
2102F

help.. anyone?

I am not proficient enough with Internet Recovery, since it is a big bag of hurt, but try a NVRAM reset. I guess you do not have extended warranty yet in order to phone Apple Support for free?

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California

2102F

help.. anyone?

Sounds like your recovery partition is borked.

Try a command-option-r boot (all three keys at once) to get to Internet Recovery. That will DL a new recovery image from Apple's servers.

Unknown.

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 11, 2013
yes I was just searching about the error and people were suggesting that exactly.. reseting the nvram or whatever it's called.. no I don't.. I'm going to the store today.. apple has really been disappointing me lately in every aspect.. writing this from my asus eeepc of 4 years. I've tested more than 20 operative systems on this netbook.. once even droped it to the floor and yet.. it lives.. I should have bought an asus powerpc. I'm filled with regret.
thank you so much for your help.

----------

Sounds like your recovery partition is borked.

Try a command-option-r boot (all three keys at once) to get to Internet Recovery. That will DL a new recovery image from Apple's servers.

going to try this

edited: it's the spinning world.. all I can do is wait now lol thank you both guys

Last edited:

Unknown.

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 11, 2013
error 2002F from doing cmd+optn+R
I think there's no hope.. it's still in warranty.. but I don't know what will happen.. or if they'll blame it on me somehow.. I'll now pack everything to take it to the store.. Thank you for all the help, very good community for a very overrated and falsely advertised brand.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
error 2002F from doing cmd+optn+R
I think there's no hope.. it's still in warranty.. but I don't know what will happen.. or if they'll blame it on me somehow.. I'll now pack everything to take it to the store.. Thank you for all the help, very good community for a very overrated and falsely advertised brand.

You would not happen to be trying to use a WPA2 wifi network? Try setting the router to just WPA (personal) and give it a shot from cmd-opt-r.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.