Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Feb 11, 2013, 11:37 AM   #1
Spinnetti
macrumors regular

Apple TV update kills ability to view Apple content...

The Mrs. wanted to watch some dumb movie on itunes
> Fired up the tv, and apple TV (gen2) said it wanted to update, so we said ok and waited the 10 minutes to update and reboot. (#1 waste of time - should do updates in the background)

> Everything worked EXCEPT, I could not pick any movie content or menus. Spent 30 min trying to reboot and get it to work (#2 waste of time).

> Gets better. Bought the movie on the iPad, then tried to use airplay... had to dig for settings to get it to work at all, and when we did, it only streamed audio and back and forth, either mirrored to the tv, but video only for .1 sec at a time or just audio only, or it said "protected content not allowed to be mirrored" WTF?

So after 40min of frustration, me and the wife are sitting in our Theater room with a dark 65" plasma while we watch some stupid movie on the ipad.......

Apple: It just don't work. I had the same issue before trying to mirror my imac video to my TV.

They make it such a hassle to watch the stuff you buy from them, that its just easier to "download it" and skip the whole applesphere and use airparrot or similar to stream it if I need to. I've got a house full of Apple products, but they do drive me nuts, and the bugs are getting more frequent with each release. They should stop delivering new, and focus on improving integration and bug fixes.
Spinnetti is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater