Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Feb 11, 2013, 11:39 AM   #1
ryanstewart
macrumors member

iTunes 10 Library has suddenly become very slow and buggy...corrupted?

Hi there,

Yesterday I was importing a bunch of WAV files from Pro Tools into iTunes to add metadata and make compressed versions of the audio files. Somewhere in the process iTunes started acting extremely slow and unresponsive, and that's now how my iTunes acts all the time. If I just do very basic things like switch between playlists, or edit the metadata of a song, I'll get the spinning beach ball for 5-25 seconds, and it's extremely frustrating to use. I frequently have to force quit the program.

Not sure how this happened, or how to fix it. My computer has plenty of RAM and processing power, and everything is solid state. I've checked the Activity Monitor and it says iTunes is using less than 5% of my CPU power, and around 280MB of RAM. I've tried restarting and soft resetting my computer, but no luck.

Any ideas how to fix this? Thanks!

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Tags
corrupted, itunes, library, metadata, slow