Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mad Mac Maniac

macrumors 601
Original poster
Mountain Lion was a completely surprising announcement last year on Thursday, 16 February. We are closing in on the one year anniversary of that, so it makes sense that we are getting close to a 10.9 (Lynx? Cougar? Snow Mountain Lion?) announcement.

Anyone care to wager some guesses on a date? I'm going to say this Thursday, 14 Feb (Happy Valentines everybody! :p)

thejadedmonkey

macrumors G3
May 28, 2005
Pennsylvania
I predict another lackluster iOSified update, but one which I will spend $20 on so that I can get spaces back, just like I spend $20 for expose...

Sound214

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2011
Sweden
I don't know if Apple would announce it on Valentines day. Maybe wednesday if we're lucky.

Last edited:

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005
I predict more bitching and moaning about "iOSification".

DP1 for Lion was released Feb 24th, ML Feb 16th, both Thursdays. The best bets look like 14th or 21st.

Last edited:

53kyle

macrumors 65816
Mar 27, 2012
Sebastopol, CA
Tomorrow, it has to be tomorrow. Tim cook is speaking at some place tomorrow. Either he will announce it there or apple will do it secretly while everyone is focused on tim cook talking about money...

trustever

macrumors 6502
Jan 14, 2013
I believe that if they stick to the 1 year realease the new OS will be announced at some point in March togheter with the iTV that has been rumored for a while!

Osullivan1

macrumors 6502
Aug 1, 2011
London
Probably not. I don't believe it's going to be next thursday either; it's too close after Sonys PS4 announcement, which would be silly to interfere with.

I doubt they'd mind being upstaged by the PS4 as they are completely different products. Plus, OS X isn't really one of Apple's flagship products any more. If they wanted attention for the DP release, they'd hold a proper event.

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
I doubt they'd mind being upstaged by the PS4 as they are completely different products. Plus, OS X isn't really one of Apple's flagship products any more. If they wanted attention for the DP release, they'd hold a proper event.

I don't recall any fanfare last year when it was released. Just a PR statement from Apple.

Sound214

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2011
Sweden

Of course it is one of Apples flagship products. At least they want some "free" PR for it, which wouldn't be the case if PS4 was stealing all the attention at every tech site.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.