Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Feb 11, 2013, 01:14 PM   #1
Macs4u
macrumors regular

Mac Mini and OSX Server. benefits?

Hi,

Could somebody point me in the right direction.

What benefit over icloud does osx server have?

Also i plan on hosting a forum, and im led to believe that you can host your own websites using osx server.

My internet speed at home is 47mb down and 5mb up. With the base spec mac mini with 120gb ssd and a 1tb hard drive running osx 10.8 and osx server. Would that handle that all ok? Would the i5 dual core 2.5ghz be fast enough to host my site awell as being able to use the same computer to surf myself?
Macs4u is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking