Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Feb 8, 2013, 09:02 AM   #1
qwimjim
macrumors regular

Is there a bittorrent client that can auto download from RSS feed?

I'm having trouble finding one, right now I'm using uTorrent and have an RSS feed from showrss.com. The shows show up as a list in uTorrent with a blue dot beside new torrents, but I have to manually double click each one to download instead of new torrents simply being downloaded automatically.. I can't seem to find an option to enable this..

Anyone know of a good app that can do this? Not sure why this function isn't available in the osx version of utorrent when it's been in the windows version for years..

Thanks!
qwimjim is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 11:04 AM   #2
qwimjim
macrumors regular

no one?
Old Feb 8, 2013, 11:07 AM   #3
Weaselboy
macrumors G5

You can use this app (Automatic) to DL the torrent file to a folder, then use your favorite torrent app like UTorrent or Transmission to monitor the folder and auto launch/run when a new torrent file appears in the folder.
Weaselboy is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 11:36 AM   #4
Sixth Street
macrumors member

There was another program similar to Automatic that is free, but I can't remember the name.
Sixth Street is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 12:15 PM   #5
qwimjim
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth Street View Post
There was another program similar to Automatic that is free, but I can't remember the name.
if you find it please let me know, $20 is pretty steep
Old Feb 8, 2013, 12:20 PM   #6
JoeFkling
macrumors regular

doesnt Vuze do auto download from RSS?
JoeFkling is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 12:42 PM   #7
qwimjim
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeFkling View Post
doesnt Vuze do auto download from RSS?
vuze is a boated awful piece of software that installs browser hijacks.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 12:47 PM   #8
JoeFkling
macrumors regular

I use it quite often without issue. Not sure what you are installing along with it, but it has not hijacked anything in any of my software.
JoeFkling is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 12:48 PM   #9
Giuly
macrumors 68040

Location: That depends whether you ask for timezone, state of mind or GPS coordinates.
µTorrent for Mac?
Giuly is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 01:25 PM   #10
qwimjim
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeFkling View Post
I use it quite often without issue. Not sure what you are installing along with it, but it has not hijacked anything in any of my software.
i installed it last week and it installed 4 extensions in firefox and chrome, and hijacked both browsers to redirect to yahoo search when re-opening. it is garbage

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giuly View Post
does not have auto-download, i use utorrent but you have to double click each file to download
Old Feb 8, 2013, 08:02 PM   #11
Sixth Street
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwimjim View Post
if you find it please let me know, $20 is pretty steep
Found it!

http://tvshowsapp.com/
Sixth Street is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 08:20 AM   #12
qwimjim
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth Street View Post
hmm doesn't seem to work well, just seems to randomly download old episodes. oh well hopefully utorrent will implement auto download because their rss feed capability is the best. a nice clear list of episodes, blue dot read/unread marker..

for people looking to auto import video files into itunes, hazel is a nice app that works well, watches my torrent "completed" folder and as soon as a file hits that folder it gets added to itunes. works like a charm
Old Feb 11, 2013, 09:56 AM   #13
mahood
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwimjim View Post
oh well hopefully utorrent will implement auto download because their rss feed capability is the best. a nice clear list of episodes, blue dot read/unread marker..
I've used uTorrent to auto-download, I think you need to set up a filter before it'll do it.

Once you've added your RSS feed and see it listing possible downloads, click on 'Create Smart Feed' - you'll get some options to choose from. Put in something that matches your requirements (e.g. Contains 720p, or something else) and make sure 'Start Downloads Automatically' is ticked.

That should then add the matching entries to your queue!

And I assume it's being used for completely legal & non-copyright-infringing downloads, of course...
mahood is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 01:35 PM   #14
qwimjim
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahood View Post
I've used uTorrent to auto-download, I think you need to set up a filter before it'll do it.

Once you've added your RSS feed and see it listing possible downloads, click on 'Create Smart Feed' - you'll get some options to choose from. Put in something that matches your requirements (e.g. Contains 720p, or something else) and make sure 'Start Downloads Automatically' is ticked.

That should then add the matching entries to your queue!

And I assume it's being used for completely legal & non-copyright-infringing downloads, of course...
cool will give it a shot

Last edited by qwimjim; Feb 11, 2013 at 01:42 PM.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store