Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joserpaq

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 23, 2007
I just updated my ATV2 and jail broke it without realizing that xmbc was not compatible with the latest OS from apple. The main reason I use xmbc is just to watch movies on a local server. I used to use nito tv for this way back before the functionality was taken out. Can anyone recommend a similar jb app for the atv2?

Thanks.

nebo1ss

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2010
I just updated my ATV2 and jail broke it without realizing that xmbc was not compatible with the latest OS from apple. The main reason I use xmbc is just to watch movies on a local server. I used to use nito tv for this way back before the functionality was taken out. Can anyone recommend a similar jb app for the atv2?

Thanks.

I don't know if Plex has been updated as yet but you can try Plex on your jailbroken Apple TV. Plex works a bit different it is a client/server app you run the client on the apple TV and the server can run on multiple platforms.

waw74

macrumors 601
May 27, 2008
plex works on the lastest version of iOS that you can jailbreak, it's 1 version before the current, think it's 5.0.2

with plex, the server converts your files to an :apple:TV compatible format as you watch them, if they aren't already compatible. so you need something with a little bit of power, doesn't have to be a monster though.
the server runs on windows, os X, and linux

Ratatapa

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2011

Thanks.

Where did you JB it?

Seas0pass don't offer JB for ATv2 for the new OS yet just for 5.0.2 (iOS 5.1.1 - 9B830

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.