Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Feb 11, 2013, 02:19 PM   #1
tbluhp
macrumors 6502a

Straight Talk iPhone 5

the st iphone 5 does it come with data caps or slow you down like the byod program dose and what network is it under? from walmart
tbluhp is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 02:25 PM   #2
bohbot16
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbluhp View Post
the st iphone 5 does it come with data caps or slow you down like the byod program dose and what network is it under? from walmart
It's Verizon's 3G EVDO network. I haven't read of anyone getting throttled like the BYOD plan, but it's only been a month so it's not known for sure.
bohbot16 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 08:43 PM   #3
minijtp
macrumors newbie

I have been using st for serveral months now using my iphone 5 on the byod program. Before i decided to go to st i did some research. From what i remember, if you buy a straight talk phone then the data is not capped, but if you have your own phone the on the byod program then it is capped at 2 gigs. what networks you will be running on is dependent on which phone you buy. If you get a phone that uses cdma then you will be running off of verizon or spirint, but if you get a phone that uses gsm then you will be running off tmobile. My iphone runs off of ATT but i dont see att listed as a sim card option on st website anymore, so they may have gotten rid of att.
minijtp is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 08:52 PM   #4
bohbot16
macrumors 6502a

Last month Straight Talk started selling the iPhone directly to customers, a new and different offering from the BYOD SIM program. The new Straight Talk iPhone is pre-configured out of the box and runs on Verizon 3G.
bohbot16 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone