Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pozzydrive

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 3, 2011
Hi all

I'm having a problem with Little Snitch, however, I've uninstalled it properly as per instructions on this forum and other forums. I first installed Little Snitch on my computer, I then decided it wasn't for me and uninstalled it. I then noticed a hand sign (icon) in the menu bar with a prohibited sign (red circle with a bar across) over the hand. I went into the Library having read a number of these posts on other sites as well as this one and deleted anything to do with Little Snitch, many of which were in the preference files, still could not remove the hand icon. I then reinstalled and again uninstalled the software, again removed the files from the Library and also went into system preferences, user groups and looked for anything to do with Little Snitch in there, to no avail, now I'm stuck with this hand icon on the menu bar with no way to remove it. Anyone have any other ideas please.

Regards

Pozzy

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
Hi all

I'm having a problem with Little Snitch, however, I've uninstalled it properly as per instructions on this forum and other forums.

The installer disk image includes an uninstaller. Did you use it? If not, download the installer and use it.

Ccrew

macrumors 68020
Feb 28, 2011
The installer disk image includes an uninstaller. Did you use it? If not, download the installer and use it.

+1. Little snitch binds itself to the network interfaces and the instructions frequently posted here about removing programs won't get all of it.

Nov 28, 2010
located
+1. Little snitch binds itself to the network interfaces and the instructions frequently posted here about removing programs won't get all of it.

Is that so? Hmm, I only tried Little Snatch once, but I do not remember how I removed it. If the installer has a better uninstaller, I shall keep that in mind.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.