Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Feb 12, 2013, 05:42 AM   #1
pozzydrive
macrumors newbie

Little Snitch cannot delete all icons

Hi all

I'm having a problem with Little Snitch, however, I've uninstalled it properly as per instructions on this forum and other forums. I first installed Little Snitch on my computer, I then decided it wasn't for me and uninstalled it. I then noticed a hand sign (icon) in the menu bar with a prohibited sign (red circle with a bar across) over the hand. I went into the Library having read a number of these posts on other sites as well as this one and deleted anything to do with Little Snitch, many of which were in the preference files, still could not remove the hand icon. I then reinstalled and again uninstalled the software, again removed the files from the Library and also went into system preferences, user groups and looked for anything to do with Little Snitch in there, to no avail, now I'm stuck with this hand icon on the menu bar with no way to remove it. Anyone have any other ideas please.

Regards

Pozzy
pozzydrive is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 05:52 AM   #2
simsaladimbamba

Have you looked at Activity Monitor and seen any Little Snatch processes still running and trying to Force Quit it/them?
Have you restarted your Mac after completely uninstalling LS?

I guess you used this method?
Best way to FULLY DELETE a program without the need of any additional, inefficient applications

Visual presentation of the steps outlined in above link:

Last edited by simsaladimbamba; Mar 13, 2013 at 11:39 AM.
simsaladimbamba is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 06:21 AM   #3
chrfr
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by pozzydrive View Post
Hi all

I'm having a problem with Little Snitch, however, I've uninstalled it properly as per instructions on this forum and other forums.
The installer disk image includes an uninstaller. Did you use it? If not, download the installer and use it.
chrfr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 06:43 AM   #4
Ccrew
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrfr View Post
The installer disk image includes an uninstaller. Did you use it? If not, download the installer and use it.
+1. Little snitch binds itself to the network interfaces and the instructions frequently posted here about removing programs won't get all of it.
Ccrew is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 06:51 AM   #5
simsaladimbamba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccrew View Post
+1. Little snitch binds itself to the network interfaces and the instructions frequently posted here about removing programs won't get all of it.
Is that so? Hmm, I only tried Little Snatch once, but I do not remember how I removed it. If the installer has a better uninstaller, I shall keep that in mind.
simsaladimbamba is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store