Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Feb 12, 2013, 08:38 AM   #1
NickH88
macrumors newbie

looking to get MBP with optical drive - should I buy cMBP NOW?

I'm most likely getting an MBP, and while I do like the Retina display, a built-in optical drive is important to me, so I'm planning on the classic MBP model rather than the Retina. I want one of the customized configurations of the cMBP. I understand that the next set of MBPs (released in July) will likely all be Retina, so do you all expect that they will be without the optical drive like last year's Retina models? I'm thinking that this will be the case, and if so, then I will regret waiting to find out. I also don't know how long I will have after the reveal of the new models before the 2012 classic models will no longer be for sale outside of the Refurbished Mac section of the Apple Store (does anyone have any idea?), where my custom configuration would be very hard to come by and may require waiting a long time.

Is now the time to buy the classic MBP if I want an MBP with an optical drive, or should I wait and see whether any of the summer models have them?

Thanks!

Last edited by NickH88; Feb 12, 2013 at 08:45 AM.
NickH88 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice

Tags
cmbp, mbp, optical drive, retina