Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MikeTheVike

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 8, 2009
I have $200+ worth of gift cards for Best Buy. I've been waiting for the initial shortage to wear off before I buy an iPhone 5. Every time I check the website though it still says unavailable in all stores. Anyone know?

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
You could try to call your local stores ... otherwise, it would seem they are out of stock.

maverick22

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2012
Seems like Thursday and Fridays are shipment dates. Best thing to do is search inventory online. I picked one up Friday night. Good luck!

ladytonya

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2008
My local BB has nothing, ended up having to go directly through Verizon even though I wanted to use and get Reward Zone points. Hoping when I get my phone they're in stock to go get hubby's.

I wouldn't call around, I'd go there. I my experience, they don't always tell the truth about stock on the phone. They had 16s the other day when I was there asking before mine shipped from Verizon at my local BB so you might get lucky. Good luck!

bwhli

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2012
Boston, MA
I have $200+ worth of gift cards for Best Buy. I've been waiting for the initial shortage to wear off before I buy an iPhone 5. Every time I check the website though it still says unavailable in all stores. Anyone know?

The status of the iPhone 5 at Best Buy can be found by picking up the phone and calling. ;)

5aga

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2003
Gig City
Seems like Thursday and Fridays are shipment dates. Best thing to do is search inventory online. I picked one up Friday night. Good luck!

this seems right to me. I walked in on Saturday morning (10AM) and bought the last one in stock. Rep told me they received a shipment the day before.

Nick21227

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2012
I got mine last Thursday at a best buy mobile store. If the best buy closest to you has fulfilled their pre-orders they will have stock to sell. You can go to bestbuy.com and check the stock of the stores around you. I would call first though because the store closest to me listed it as in stock, but didn't have phones available for non pre-orders.

MikeTheVike

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 8, 2009
I got mine last Thursday at a best buy mobile store. If the best buy closest to you has fulfilled their pre-orders they will have stock to sell. You can go to bestbuy.com and check the stock of the stores around you. I would call first though because the store closest to me listed it as in stock, but didn't have phones available for non pre-orders.

Just looked online again and one location was showing some available. Called them up and they said they are still trying to fulfill the preorders. I would think the 64GB version would be easier to get.

comptr

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2007
Arizona
sorry if I am bring up a older thread but I need to know is there some shortage of 64gb iPhone 5 (verizon) White as I have been trying for the past 2 weeks to buy a iPhone 5 64gb (verizon) phone threw best buy and they have no phones.

Hungry&Foolish

Suspended
Mar 29, 2012
Sunday Feb 10th was chinese new year. Production slows down little bit. maybe by next week. Keep checking online and calling the store.

comptr

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2007
Arizona
Sunday Feb 10th was chinese new year. Production slows down little bit. maybe by next week. Keep checking online and calling the store.

I will do that. When I went in this past sunday they told me to try the following monday. Thanks for the help because even our local verizon stores are sold out of 64gb white iphone 5's so I assumed something was going on.

barkomatic

macrumors 601
Aug 8, 2008
Manhattan
I had a very hard time getting my hands on a 64GB white on AT&T at Best Buy during their sale. I was told they simply don't order many iPhones in white at that capacity so they tend to sell out quickly and don't get restocked immediately.

comptr

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2007
Arizona
I had a very hard time getting my hands on a 64GB white on AT&T at Best Buy during their sale. I was told they simply don't order many iPhones in white at that capacity so they tend to sell out quickly and don't get restocked immediately.

well that is not good. When I asked them they told me they are not selling as many 64gb iPhones so they just don't keep as many. But right now they have zero of the white or black iphones 64gb. Even out here 32gb iPhones are not available in all best buys and even the ones that have them have like 1 or 2 only. This means I may be waiting as I prefer to buy from best buy only as I have some gift cards that can help chip away at the cost of the phone but if they don't get them soon then I may just go some where else where they are in stock.

comptr

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2007
Arizona
I just want to give a update as it may help others who are trying to take advantage of the 50.00 gift card deal and want a 64gb model. There are still no 64gb models at best buy in fact some states are sold out. I wonder if apple is not sending them those models.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.