Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Garrett67

macrumors regular
Jan 30, 2010
Although I'm on my iMac right now, I use it MUCH less now that I have an iPhone.

I pretty much do everything with it.

bonskovsky

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 31, 2012
•Yesterday I watched a full movie on my iPhone.

•Today, I used Siri to help me find the nearest court so I can sort out my life issues.

•And I used it to contact everyone I needed to contact today.

sviato

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2010
HR 9038 A
I woke up and used it to read Twitter and found out the pope was resigning, so got to tell people about that first.

Was studying for most of the day but read tech news on Flipboard while commuting to/from school.

When I got to school for my test, I realized I forgot which room the test was in so I used the BlackBoard app to check my course news feed.

Called and texted some people as well and listened to music anytime I had a break.

JoeFkling

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2013
read a magazine and a chapter of a book. Used it most of the day for music. Texted the wife. Basically the stuff it was designed to do.

Gutwrench

Suspended
Jan 2, 2011
It reminded me it was garbage day.

Told me the weather.

Reminded me of meetings and tasks.

Read/replied to many emails when away from my desk.

Accepted meetings.

Listened to music at my desk.

Took and made business and personal calls.

Traded text messages with colleagues.

Chatted via text with my wife who's in China for the New Year and discussed medical options over our ill daughter. Took a picture and mailed to her. Rcv'd a couple too.

Dictated an email over a production issue while in commute traffic.

FaceTimed with my daughter to check on her.

Used it as a timer while cooking dinner for my daughter and me.

It would not bring me a cocktail. It must be a bug needing reported.

aDRock1154

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2011
Ohio
I sent tracking information using Deliveries, used 1password to enter my credentials for an edible arrangement I sent my wife, I saved some articles to read later with Instapaper, tweeted, facebooked, and instagrammed.

wxman2003

Suspended
Apr 12, 2011
It notified me today that I have 90 days left until retirement. Tomorrow it will be 89 days. Always alarms while at work :D

stonyboys

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2012
Woke up, looked at my phone.

Cried because it was inside a bowl of rice after being dropped into a bowl of toilet water.

Went back to sleep and prayed for it.

Myiphone7

macrumors 6502a
Nov 18, 2010
First I did a lot of banking. Then I did some more banking. Towards the end if the day I did even more banking. And last, I called the local pizzeria and ordered a medium cheese haha.

----------

Woke up, looked at my phone.

Cried because it was inside a bowl of rice after being dropped into a bowl of toilet water.

Went back to sleep and prayed for it.

LOL! I shouldn't laugh but I'm just laughing at the way you said it.

I feel for you dude I'll pray too.

NewAnger

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2012
Denver Colorado
I listened to XM radio. Paused a song when I was done. Five hours later, opened the XM app again, unpaused the song and continued listening to it.

It was a song by Pink Floyd, Pigs (three different ones) so it's pretty long.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
Used the Stopwatch to time the length of time it took for me to roast 1/2 pound of coffee beans.

Used Timer to remind me when my espresso machine was sufficiently warmed up to pull shots.

Notice a pattern??:p:D

wesk702

macrumors 68000
Jul 7, 2007
The hood
Internet, internet, internet. Then I take a break while it charges and jump on the iPad for some internet on the big screen :)

Blakjack

macrumors 68000
Jun 23, 2009
Ysterday

-checked the weather
-calculator
-texted
-google maps Turn by Turn
-took a picture
-checked my email(which is horrible)

Most of this stuff I do on my ipad with way more ease.

outlawarth

macrumors 6502a
Mar 20, 2011
Checked work and personal email, read twitter, facebook, face timed my family overseas, browsed the net, sent iMessages to wife, listened to music, played some games, listened and watched podcasts. Took a couple of of voice calls.
Can't imagine my life without it.

Gregintosh

macrumors 68000
Jan 29, 2008
Chicago
When I went to a remote area in the philippines (where I do business) I used my iPhone as my only computer for about two weeks. I surfed the net with it, used the GPS a lot (I'm not Filipino and I had no idea where stuff was, and since I didn't speak the language I couldn't always ask for good directions), I also listened to my music and podcasts, did all my business email, and used it for Skype to talk to people back home.

Other than playing Starcraft or working with Photoshop or code (which I rarely do) I'd say an iPhone would be the device id pick if I could only have ONE piece of technology.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.