Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Feb 11, 2013, 08:44 PM   #1
hakr100
macrumors 6502a

I seem to have lost my jailbreak

Hmm. iPhone5, jailbroken, worked fine for a few days, suddenly I found my phone in "safe mode." Thought I got out of "safe mode" by shutting down phone and rebooting while holding the "UP" volume button but though the Cydia icon is still on my home page, none of the Cydia apps are working and they don't show up in the settings, either, but Winterboard shows up on my second home page.

I rebooted again. No "safe mode" showing, but I still have Cydia on my home page.

I'm pretty much stumped at this point. Any suggestions?

- - -

Whoops...killed the Weather icon from Cydia and did another reboot and all came back.

Weird stuff.

Last edited by hakr100; Feb 11, 2013 at 08:52 PM.
hakr100 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 09:49 PM   #2
mohitster
macrumors newbie

Safe mode happens when some newly installed cydia apps don't work properly. See if that's the problem. Try uninstalling them one by one and see if it resolves the problem.

Otherweise, you should try restoring and then jailbreaking again. That would be the cleanest way to get back to business.
mohitster is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 10:31 PM   #3
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem

Where did you lose it?
Applejuiced is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 10:47 PM   #4
dhlizard
macrumors G3

If you reboot while depressing the volume up button, you go right back into SafeMode.

Look for me here
dhlizard is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 08:59 AM   #5
rburly
macrumors 6502a

I wonder if this happened to me. I have installed anything in a few days and my jb i4 has been working great. this morning I double-clicked Home button, it rebooted on me and I seem to have lost the jb setup. Cydia, winterboard, and all jb apps there, everything is back to how it was and I'm in Safe mode. Hmm...
rburly is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 09:42 AM   #6
Frenchjay
macrumors 68000

When you're in safe mode everything is disabled so you have the ability to deleted/disable a package so it doesn't go into a boot loop or re-spring. To exit safe mode just turn th phone off with the power button only and turn it back on with the power button only. If it still hasn't changed, re-spring.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 09:45 AM   #7
hakr100
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchjay View Post
When you're in safe mode everything is disabled so you have the ability to deleted/disable a package so it doesn't go into a boot loop or re-spring. To exit safe mode just turn th phone off with the power button only and turn it back on with the power button only. If it still hasn't changed, re-spring.
Thanks. In my case, the jb's came back just as mysteriously as they disappeared. I think it was related to my downloading the new "weather" icon from Cydia, but I didn't see any error messages I could understand. Once I dumped the icon, the jb's came back after turning the phone off and on a few times.

It's too bad you cannot back up and restore your Cydia and apps simply from a backup app that isn't dependent upon the jb being up and running properly,
hakr100 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 05:39 PM   #8
rburly
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchjay View Post
Thanks. I just needed to update through Cydia and everything went back to my jb state before going into safe mode. Glad it was that simple.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 08:29 PM   #9
rburly
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by rburly View Post
Thanks. I just needed to update through Cydia and everything went back to my jb state before going into safe mode. Glad it was that simple.
Right after getting everything back to my original JB, I downloaded evasi0n 1.1 and have no JB at all. Just Cudia, winterboard, etc that are non-functioning now. Cydia won't even load.

Last edited by rburly; Feb 12, 2013 at 08:34 PM.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks