Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jpcoelho

macrumors member
Jan 11, 2013
Aveiro, Portugal
I know that the newer macbook pros a a little thinner so I'm thinking No BUTT never hurts to ask
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0098EYM3A/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

It may, but you may want to consider alternative, least expensive options...
I am a fan of the swedish alternative:

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/50107051/

and it does its job well... It can handle my 12' PBook G4, my 14' Pismo and a Clamshell iBook!

Last edited:

RedCroissant

Suspended
Aug 13, 2011

ppcfanforever1

macrumors regular
Dec 31, 2012
Pennsylvania

jpcoelho

macrumors member
Jan 11, 2013
Aveiro, Portugal
So you took apart your laptop and put it in that? -_-
no, the holder opens up... you just have to slide the laptop in.
If you want, you can add some rubber feet on the inside to make sure it is well secure!

----------

If you google "fantastik laptop stand" for images, there are better images than mine...

ppcfanforever1

macrumors regular
Dec 31, 2012
Pennsylvania
no, the holder opens up... you just have to slide the laptop in.
If you want, you can add some rubber feet on the inside to make sure it is well secure!

Oh ok are there any videos of people doing this? So its a laptop holder not replacing the laptop casing. I get it now.

Ok I will google it.

SawyerTHEBEST

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 5, 2013
dem responses , butts, napkin holder looks ok for a ibook or powerbook 12' BUTTTTT I have a powerbook g4 15 inch which I should have said in the original post ^_^ :apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple:

SawyerTHEBEST

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 5, 2013
BUT 50$ vs 2$ , i'ma go with the ikea stand lol it can look a little awkward if it wants.

ickystay

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2006
So, how do you turn your computers on when going this route? Crack it open and hit the power button? Never turn them off?

My dad uses his PB shut with an external monitor and this could gain him some desk space.

jpcoelho

macrumors member
Jan 11, 2013
Aveiro, Portugal
So, how do you turn your computers on when going this route? Crack it open and hit the power button? Never turn them off?

My dad uses his PB shut with an external monitor and this could gain him some desk space.
I usually put mine to sleep, and don't turn it off... then just press enter on the keyboard or press the mouse button to wake up...

g4manimac

macrumors 6502
Jan 22, 2013
Arkansas
Whoa that really does look unstable at first glance I was like yeah I like that but when you look at it close puttin a powerbook in there could get a little top heavy.I'm actually about to do the same thing since I now have a extra 26" led tv,just a little more secure of course.Im having a problem though,I bought a dvi to hdmi adapter and its not working on my 1.5ghz 15.2 powerbook,when I go to display settings it shows my phillips tv but no video but im gonna work on it more tommorow I've got two powerbooks and it doesnt work on either so it might be the adapter itself.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.