Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac

Old Feb 12, 2013, 12:16 PM   #1
MaxHarryson
macrumors newbie

Will reformatting my OS X partition delete my Windows partition?

I need to reformat my OS X partition and start anew.
Does this mean that i have to remove my Windows partition too or will it be unaffected?
MaxHarryson is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 12:20 PM   #2
simsaladimbamba

If you only choose to format the Mac OS X partition, the Windows partition will be left unharmed.
simsaladimbamba is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 12:25 PM   #3
MaxHarryson
macrumors newbie

Will i be able to boot into it as normal when im done installing OsX by going into system preferences>startup disk ?
Old Feb 12, 2013, 12:29 PM   #4
simsaladimbamba

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxHarryson View Post
Will i be able to boot into it as normal when im done installing OsX by going into system preferences>startup disk ?
You should be, but I have not had first hand experience with that since 2008, my last Boot Camp use.
Maybe check MRoogle while you wait for more definite answers.
simsaladimbamba is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 12:52 PM   #5
MaxHarryson
macrumors newbie

One last question that might be a wee bit off topic:

Can i save the folder of one of my applications (logic pro in this case) from the library folder to a external drive, and then just drag it back into the applications folder on the fresh partition or do i need to reinstall it from the CD ?

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac