Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
That still doesn't make a product "Crappy". You were agreeing with someone who was against Tim Cook saying that Apple doesn't make crappy products.

----------

Uh NO, you're significantly underrating Apple's M.O. They take existing products THAT HAVEN'T HAD MUCH SUCCESS OR ANY AT ALL, find out what's wrong with them and completely turn around the idea and create a successful product that customers love.

Sammy and the others do what you say Apple does. They take an already successful product and add a few improvements and all of a sudden the Android fanatics act like it's the first time it's been done. ;)

Yes. Ping, iAds and Mobile Me (three examples) illustrate your point perfectly, don't they. Ping, for example really took social networking by storm!

Apple Maps was certainly unique in the market. I mean - no one ever used the internet for mapping before!

It's cool - you have a strong bias. I'll respect your devotion.

lilo777

macrumors 603
Nov 25, 2009
Most people use "cheaper computers" because that's all they can afford to buy.

Or because buying a more expensive computer with lower specs does not make sense. Do you think most people do not buy Vertu Android Phones ($10,000+ per unit) because they can't afford them? Is that them reason some of the prefer iPhones? Those cheap bastards!

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
Or because buying a more expensive computer with lower specs does not make sense. Do you think most people do not buy Vertu Android Phones ($10,000+ per unit) because they can't afford them? Is that them reason some of the prefer iPhones? Those cheap bastards!

There's a difference between a computer and a phone.

Yes. There still is a difference.
;)

lilo777

macrumors 603
Nov 25, 2009
Not quite. I can't remember the last time I used my Kindle device. I read on my iPad all the time.

As a reading device, iPad is good for fitness not a reader. 10x shorted battery life, poor contrast, several times heavier and impossible to use outdoors.

Mike Valmike

macrumors 6502a
Feb 27, 2012
Chandler, Arizona
For long term growth and secure the customer base in the future, Apple should acquire Mattel.

Hasbro has better IP. If Apple wanted to own a toy manufacturer, that's the one they would acquire. Hasbro's subsidiary Wizards of the Coast LLC has been absolutely printing money with its product lines since roughly mid-2009, amounting to more than a quarter of Hasbro's profits, though few outside the industry have taken note of it. Most undervalued assets this side of... well, Apple.

disclosure: in the toy/game business, reseller of all of the above and more.

HenryDJP

Suspended
Nov 25, 2012
United States
You need to read all 73 pages in Apple's forum regarding Mac Mini HDMI video problem.

https://discussions.apple.com/message/21213090#21213090

2012 Mac Mini is a poor quality product, Apple made it.

OHHHH......just there, anywhere else besides a forum with undoubtedly repeated posts from the same person....much you like you here? :rolleyes:

Show me where on the web outside of forums where there is significantly a lot of pertinent information showing the current Mac mini as a "Crappy Product".

Mike Valmike

macrumors 6502a
Feb 27, 2012
Chandler, Arizona
Only Apple innovative is an idiotic idea too.

Samsung Group is a multinational conglomerate company, electronics is not Samsung's only business.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samsung

Look, I like Samsung. I own half a dozen of their televisions and a number of other appliances. But call a spade a spade. They're the very archetype of Korean engineering, which is to copy innovations from abroad and iterate on them while chasing lowest-common-denominator production value.

HenryDJP

Suspended
Nov 25, 2012
United States
As a reading device, iPad is good for fitness not a reader. 10x shorted battery life, poor contrast, several times heavier and impossible to use outdoors.

Oh so that's why it's selling so well with repeated customer feedback of high satisfaction! ;)

----------

Yes. Ping, iAds and Mobile Me (three examples) illustrate your point perfectly, don't they. Ping, for example really took social networking by storm!

Apple Maps was certainly unique in the market. I mean - no one ever used the internet for mapping before!

It's cool - you have a strong bias. I'll respect your devotion.

Ah, thanks for helping me remember WHAT I NEVER STATED, such as Apple being successful at every attempt they make to improve an already existing product. Nice try. ;) Hilarious and not surprisingly ironic of you to say that I have a strong bias. Most people here KNOW that you have a strong hate for Apple and it's products.

apple-win

macrumors regular
Dec 4, 2012

lukarak

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2011
Look, I like Samsung. I own half a dozen of their televisions and a number of other appliances. But call a spade a spade. They're the very archetype of Korean engineering, which is to copy innovations from abroad and iterate on them while chasing lowest-common-denominator production value.

First it was Japan that copied, then it was Korea (and still is to a point), but China is taking over. It will be something else next, probably SE Asia.

For me, they will always be copycats because Galaxy S was a blatant copy of the iPhone. Everything they have done since is a fruit of the same tainted tree.

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
Hilarious and not surprisingly ironic of you to say that I have a strong bias. Most people here KNOW that you have a strong hate for Apple and it's products.

Yes - I have such hatred for Apple that I own almost exclusively Apple products. You want to know my secret? I fork over that money to Apple and buy their tech because then I can come onto these forums and hate on them but still sleep at night. Clearly :rolleyes:

And here's what you stated "They take existing products THAT HAVEN'T HAD MUCH SUCCESS OR ANY AT ALL, find out what's wrong with them and completely turn around the idea and create a successful product that customers love. "

I never said you said every Apple product was a success. I merely illustrated a few that don't hold true according to your definition. You know - the definition you felt the need to correct me on as if mine was wrong?

HenryDJP

Suspended
Nov 25, 2012
United States
You can Google it.

Here is one example I found from Google

http://www.mactalk.com.au/10/112663-mac-mini-2012-hdmi-flicker-issue.html

Uh HELLO, it's YOUR point you're trying to make, I'm not Googling anything. If you can't fully prove your point outside of forums which represent less than 1/10th of a percent of purchasing customers then don't make blanket statements. Thanks. :p

----------

Yes - I have such hatred for Apple that I own almost exclusively Apple products. You want to know my secret? I fork over that money to Apple and buy their tech because then I can come onto these forums and hate on them but still sleep at night. Clearly :rolleyes:

And here's what you stated "They take existing products THAT HAVEN'T HAD MUCH SUCCESS OR ANY AT ALL, find out what's wrong with them and completely turn around the idea and create a successful product that customers love. "

I never said you said every Apple product was a success. I merely illustrated a few that don't hold true according to your definition. You know - the definition you felt the need to correct me on as if mine was wrong?

Nice try at word twisting even though you still failed it...., NEXT? And in terms of what you own, well....you're the only one that truly knows that. :cool:

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
Nice try at word twisting even though you still failed it...., NEXT? And in terms of what you own, well....you're the only one that truly knows that. :cool:

Right backatcha, Henry. Rightbackatcha.

My time is more important than to waste it here if I didn't own all of the Apple Tech. But then again - I'm the only one that truly knows that too, right? :eek:

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Oh so that's why it's selling so well with repeated customer feedback of high satisfaction! ;)

I have an iPad 3...i love it and give it very high satifaction marks. I use it to read all the time! BUT....have you ever tried to read outdoors? Its almost impossoble in any kind of light. My GF has a Kindle and she can read anything outdoors even in bright sunlight. But......while she is doing that...i can also get email...catch up on facebook...browse the internet.....so my point is the Kindle has a very specific niche and it fills it nicely. But my ipad does soooo much more...

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA

I have an iPad 3...i love it and give it very high satifaction marks. I sue it to read all the time! BUT....have you ever tried to read outdoors? Its almost impossoble in any kind of light. My GF has a Kindle and she can read anything outdoors even in bright sunlight. But......while she is doing that...i can also get email...catch up on facebook...browse the internet.....so my point is the Kindle has a very specific niche and it fills it nicely. But my ipad does soooo much more...

Well you say you have an iPad 3 - but how does Henry really know you do. Maybe you're lying just to negate his comment.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.