Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services

Old Feb 6, 2013, 09:41 AM   #1
michelg1970
macrumors member

Back to my Mac (Airport Extreme)

Hi!

Tried to call Apple Support but got disconnected three times (they have system issues) so I gave up. Those good old times that Apple just was fail-free....

Anyway, since I gave up stalking Apple, I post my question here.

I want to enable Back To My Mac on my Airport Extreme. It works on my MBP and Mac Mini. When I enter my Apple ID and password on my Airport Extreme (Airport Utility) it gives an error however: An Error Occurred.

Tried my wife's Apple ID and it just works. Tried mine again: error.

Can anyone advise how to solve this? I already power-cycled the AE and even configured the AE from scratch - to no avail.

Thanks!
Michel
michelg1970 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 10:26 AM   #2
Weaselboy
macrumors G5

I believe it only works with the iCloud account used to set it up in the Extreme.
Weaselboy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 01:17 PM   #3
michelg1970
macrumors member

That's the whole problem:

In the Airport Utility when I set it up with my account it gives the error message.... So I cannot set it (the airport extreme) up with my account...
michelg1970 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 02:47 PM   #4
randomdude
macrumors regular

Different Back to my Mac question

Hi, I was just wondering if there was a limit on file transfer size as I can never transfer more than 100MB at a time. If I even attempt to, it copies about half way (depending on file size) and then disconnects completely, making me have to connect again.
Then there's also the face that it transfers files slowly, e.g. 100MB will take well over 20 minutes.

Any help or answers are appreciated.
Thanks
Old Apr 18, 2013, 12:56 PM   #5
thistlepatch
macrumors newbie

You need to use the Apple ID to setup an iCloud account on an iOS device (or maybe a computer, too).
thistlepatch is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services