Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Muscle Master

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 15, 2010
Philadelphia
So my girlfriend who was always pro android decided to hop on the bandwagon and get a iphone.. the real reason she decide to switch up cause I always teased her about the superior battery life and how I can always leave the house without my charger:D and cause my phone last me for about 2 days:cool:

So she wanted to sell her mint Galaxy S3 and add cash to a white iphone 5. I told her no.. you might not like the iphone phone (she will) so I have a better idea. since your contract is over in June and the 5S is so near, why not trade your S3 for a 4S.. she said okay

Found a lacky on craiglist that wanted to trade his mint white 4S for a S3 and he adding cash ($60)

Going to make the transaction at a corporate sprint store.. think it was a good deal.. and a great compromise?

nepalisherpa

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2011
USA
So my girlfriend who was always pro android decided to hop on the bandwagon and get a iphone.. the real reason she decide to switch up cause I always teased her about the superior battery life and how I can always leave the house without my charger:D and cause my phone last me for about 2 days:cool:

So she wanted to sell her mint Galaxy S3 and add cash to a white iphone 5. I told her no.. you might not like the iphone phone (she will) so I have a better idea. since your contract is over in June and the 5S is so near, why not trade your S3 for a 4S.. she said okay

Found a lacky on craiglist that wanted to trade his mint white 4S for a S3 and he adding cash ($60)

Going to make the transaction at a corporate sprint store.. think it was a good deal.. and a great compromise?

I think that's a wise decision; however, one thing is that the June/July release of a new iPhone is only a speculation. It could happen or Apple may stick with September/October release date.

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012
Yes, even the 4S is superior to the GS3 in just about every way accept for the processor.

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012
That's not accurate.

Better app store, better screen quality, better rear camera, better build quality, longer software support, better graphics chip, more secure and stable platform...the list goes on.

Last edited:

kidoh1

macrumors newbie
May 24, 2012

I had a GS3 and traded it +$80 for an iphone 5. It's not mint, but no scratches on glass. 100% happy and I'm sure she will be too.

vinmac3

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2009
Trade?

I had a GS3 and traded it +$80 for an iphone 5. It's not mint, but no scratches on glass. 100% happy and I'm sure she will be too.

Where did you trade your GSIII for an ip5? I want to do the same thing. I just got my GSIII and I really don't like it. The battery doesn't last anywhere near the amount of time as my ip4.

teknikal90

macrumors 68040
Jan 28, 2008
Vancouver, BC
Better app store, better screen quality, better rear camera, better build quality, longer software support, better graphics chip, more secure and stable platform...the list goes on.

you can't pick and choose. While I am an iOS fan, I can also make as long a list as you for the S3:

larger HD screen, more flexible and less restrictive OS, expandable memory, replaceable battery, better processor, better front camera, NFC...

kidoh1

macrumors newbie
May 24, 2012
Where did you trade your GSIII for an ip5? I want to do the same thing. I just got my GSIII and I really don't like it. The battery doesn't last anywhere near the amount of time as my ip4.

If you're within 14 days (depending on carrier), just return it. I traded on Craigslist. I was scared, but I checked everything before we finalized the sale.

iUseBoth

macrumors newbie
Feb 10, 2013

as a owner of a galaxy nexus, an iPhone 4S, and my wifes GS3 I have to sincerely say, you have no idea what you're talking about.

by the way my 1 week old iphone 4s has frozen twice and my appstore says too many https redirects. Go figure on your stability.

iUseBoth

macrumors newbie
Feb 10, 2013
you can't pick and choose. While I am an iOS fan, I can also make as long a list as you for the S3:

larger HD screen, more flexible and less restrictive OS, expandable memory, replaceable battery, better processor, better front camera, NFC...

or how about the simple fact that adding a simple file to your phone is a worse experience than getting stripped searched at the airport. I mean on the Android I plug my phone into my computer and drag and drop the file......It takes literally 5 seconds. On iPhone......forget about it!!!

on Android I open up gmail and hit attach and I have a list of things I can attach like Files, Location, Contact, Picture, Video, Music, Applications, or just about anything on my phone.

on my iphone i open up an email and can attach......I'm not even quite sure there seems to be no upload option given and I can't even minimize my keyboard to read an obstructive free email.

Come on dude. I really like the smoothness of iOS, and yes it looks nice hoooray!!! but the more I use my iphone the more i appreciate my galaxy nexus. For Apple stating that "it just works" it sure does make A LOT OF THINGS a freaking headache.

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012
or how about the simple fact that adding a simple file to your phone is a worse experience than getting stripped searched at the airport. I mean on the Android I plug my phone into my computer and drag and drop the file......It takes literally 5 seconds. On iPhone......forget about it!!!

on Android I open up gmail and hit attach and I have a list of things I can attach like Files, Location, Contact, Picture, Video, Music, Applications, or just about anything on my phone.

on my iphone i open up an email and can attach......I'm not even quite sure there seems to be no upload option given and I can't even minimize my keyboard to read an obstructive free email.

Come on dude. I really like the smoothness of iOS, and yes it looks nice hoooray!!! but the more I use my iphone the more i appreciate my galaxy nexus. For Apple stating that "it just works" it sure does make A LOT OF THINGS a freaking headache.

? there is a upload option if you long press on the screen, from there you can attach whatever you like, but your right in that regard that Android has better sharing functionality.

as for the finding files on your iPhone when you connect your phone? its actually extremely easy, you just go to My Computer and you click on your iPhone and have all your files from your iPhone right there... i can easily drag and drop things to my iPhone

iUseBoth

macrumors newbie
Feb 10, 2013
? there is a upload option if you long press on the screen, from there you can attach whatever you like, but your right in that regard that Android has better sharing functionality.

When I long press on the screen i get the option to Select, Select All, Paste, Insert photo or video or quote level.

I see nothing that lets me add a PDF or any of my documents

war eagle

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2008

subjective. all of those things are things you consider to be better.

war eagle

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2008
Its not subjective, everything i said is true

To you it is true, not every one. You don't speak for me or anyone else. There are no facts that have been verified by any credible source that states what you're saying.

Have a nice day.

MistahMumford

macrumors 6502
Nov 12, 2011
SC
I just traded in the opposite direction. Traded my 4S for a white GSIII. Still have my white 5 though. I love both devices.

RUGERMAN

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2010
Ios/android

subjective. all of those things are things you consider to be better.

Let me ask a question about that. What's important to me is that my files for contacts, bookmarks, pictures, music and most of all my calendar update to my computer, iPad and iPhone. If I am out and get a call I set up an appointment on my phone and it is automatically on all 3 devices. Will an Android phone do that? I am not trying to be critical, I am curious and would like to know. Thanks

shenfrey

macrumors 68020
May 23, 2010
Probably could of found an SIII for 5 trade if you looked hard enough, just saying.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.