Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Old Feb 12, 2013, 05:55 PM   #626
janita
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wxman2003 View Post
Since my alarm clock finally died, decided to get the following dock. I use the clock.app for my alarms now. Works well. If you have a case, it will not work, unless you can remove the bottom.

http://www.usa.philips.com/c/audio-s...155_37/prd/en/
It depends on the case and how open the bottom of the case is. I have an ifrogz case (luxe original) on my iphone 5 and it works just fine with the full case on. The phone sits down on the lightening dock securely. It's important to me to not have to take the case off so when Best Buy's website showed that some of the stores in my area had them in stock I went to the store to check it out. When I saw that it worked with the case I went ahead and bought one. So far I'm really pleased with it.
janita is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 06:12 PM   #627
Gstott
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodgnus View Post
With the Kidigi dock... what keeps the lightning cable in place?
There is a rubber block with a hole which grips the lightning connector - it takes a bit of pushing to get the cable through but then it seems to hold the cable quite effectively. Hasn't moved since I adjusted initially a couple of weeks ago.
Gstott is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 08:03 PM   #628
Meltdownblitz
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gstott View Post
There is a rubber block with a hole which grips the lightning connector - it takes a bit of pushing to get the cable through but then it seems to hold the cable quite effectively. Hasn't moved since I adjusted initially a couple of weeks ago.
This doesn't seen to work for me. Everytime I pull my phone off it moves. It's really bugging me. I'm looking for a built in lightning connector dock now.
Meltdownblitz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2013, 05:43 PM   #629
MarkLal
macrumors regular

I am waiting for Dock+. Which starts shipping out next month. Looks good and it's versatile. Too bad, I missed out on their kickstarter pledge.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 09:54 PM   #630
Robby29
macrumors newbie

I have the rokdock and I think ist worth the money. I'm able to undock my iphone with one hand! Plus it matches my graft concept case which is aluminum and black!
Robby29 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2013, 10:08 PM   #631
ihonda
macrumors 65816

got the belkin dock today, not the audio one. it works well, just wish it was heavier so phone came off with ease.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 01:43 PM   #632
jameslikeness
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihonda View Post
got the belkin dock today, not the audio one. it works well, just wish it was heavier so phone came off with ease.
Is it impossible to undock with one hand, or just not easy? I asked on the product page on Apple's store, but haven't gotten a response there.
jameslikeness is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2013, 10:12 PM   #633
Mosco
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to Mosco
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkLal View Post
I am waiting for Dock+. Which starts shipping out next month. Looks good and it's versatile. Too bad, I missed out on their kickstarter pledge.
It is not shipping March. Their latest update a couple days ago to their kickstarter page said approval took too long.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...5/posts/405434

Anyway, Laine from Pod-m sent out updated plastic pieces that hold in the lightning cable and they fit like glove and the phone correctly tilts back now instead of standing up. Great update as that was my only complaint(as documented earlier in the thread).
Mosco is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2013, 11:39 PM   #634
ihonda
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameslikeness View Post
Is it impossible to undock with one hand, or just not easy? I asked on the product page on Apple's store, but haven't gotten a response there.
its not impossible per say, just a little difficult. it helps if you have bigger hands. basically use your pinky side to hold the dock down and remove phone with other fingers.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 01:09 PM   #635
jameslikeness
macrumors member

Quote:
its not impossible per say, just a little difficult. it helps if you have bigger hands. basically use your pinky side to hold the dock down and remove phone with other fingers.
Good to know, thanks!
Old Feb 23, 2013, 02:50 PM   #636
lucasfer899
macrumors 6502

Quote:
This is what I've always done, up until in used double sided tape to hold my dock down. It's the best method!
lucasfer899 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2013, 03:23 PM   #637
ihonda
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameslikeness View Post
Good to know, thanks!
the more you use the dock the easier it becomes to take the phone off of it. or maybe im just able to do it with less force idk. but i love it. i do use a credit-card id case that adds a little thickness to it.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 08:15 PM   #638
gzigoris
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robby29 View Post
I have the rokdock and I think ist worth the money. I'm able to undock my iphone with one hand! Plus it matches my graft concept case which is aluminum and black!

I have this dock and it is one hand on and off. Has passive speaker system and is made out of 3 lbs of aircraft aluminum in a beautiful package. Comes in several different colors. Expensive but it works. Lightning cable is adjustable and set by a set screw. You supply the lightning cable. Look at it at least.

www.rokform.com/
gzigoris is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2013, 05:45 AM   #639
Twimfy
macrumors 6502a

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/timhugall/in-car-eyeless-siritm-for-your-iphone-the-airdock?ref=home_location
Twimfy is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2013, 02:53 AM   #640
huschpuscheli
macrumors regular

i have the new belkin dock (the one with the built in lightning). i just milled down the sides of the lightning connector for easy one hand undocking. works perfekt.
huschpuscheli is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2013, 07:13 PM   #641
DotCom2
macrumors 68000

Don't any of these dock makers realize that ppl don't want to have to take there case off each time they want to dock.
SHEESH!
DotCom2 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2013, 10:04 PM   #642
SCARY GAY DAD
macrumors 6502

Is there an iPhone 5 dock that can be built into a desk like made2dock's iPhone 4/4S version below? They don't have any plans yet to make one for the iPhone 5.

SCARY GAY DAD is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2013, 12:17 PM   #643
ihonda
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by huschpuscheli View Post
i have the new belkin dock (the one with the built in lightning). i just milled down the sides of the lightning connector for easy one hand undocking. works perfekt.
pics please
Old Mar 6, 2013, 09:32 PM   #644
Prolanman
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCARY GAY DAD View Post
Is there an iPhone 5 dock that can be built into a desk like made2dock's iPhone 4/4S version below? They don't have any plans yet to make one for the iPhone 5.

I have one of their freestanding docks. I removed the 30 pin connector, got some quick set expoxy putty and mounted the lightning connector in there. Works well. You could probably do the same with the in desk model if you wanted to.
Prolanman is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2013, 10:40 AM   #645
Imac Sam
macrumors regular

The dock-in-case by Made2dock dock http://made2dock.myshopify.com/products/iphone5 is not compatible with the Otterbox Defender case. I was lucky enough to order one the other day, and received it this morning. The basic problem here is the fact the rubber cover for the dock connector is too long and is not flexible enough to move out of the way so that that the iphone can plug in and out easily.

See my youtube video here: http://youtu.be/V1JS0hgisgY

Yes, I suppose I could remove the rubber cover connector, but then that would defeat the purpose of protecting the receptacle from normal dust and dirt in my everyday use.

At this point I am in the process of returning it.
Imac Sam is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2013, 10:47 AM   #646
ToddJ
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prolanman View Post
I have one of their freestanding docks. I removed the 30 pin connector, got some quick set expoxy putty and mounted the lightning connector in there. Works well. You could probably do the same with the in desk model if you wanted to.
Do you have any pics? I'm looking to try this myself...
ToddJ is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2013, 01:57 AM   #647
linds15
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by huschpuscheli View Post
pics and explanation of exactly what you did please! been thinking about trying something along these lines
Old Mar 26, 2013, 09:35 AM   #648
huschpuscheli
macrumors regular

Quote:
pics please
Quote:
Originally Posted by linds15 View Post
pics and explanation of exactly what you did please! been thinking about trying something along these lines
i've not forgotten you guys! but right now i'm trying to write three separate thesis for my professors. please give me one more week. then i will take pics of the tool i used and my amateurish result. actually i just used an engraving thingy with a little orb as a driller (?) and then i extended the tiny dents on each side of the lightning plug to a full notch to the top of the plug... nah, whatever i can't explain it. my english is to bad. as i said: give me one week and i will update this post with some pics. thank you.
huschpuscheli is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2013, 12:07 PM   #649
jameslikeness
macrumors member

I got the new Belkin dock last week and I've been using it for about 5 days. The first day it was a little difficult to take out of the dock with one hand, but it's gotten easier as time has gone by. The trick is to use your pinky / ring finger to push down on top of the the back of the dock (the part that the phone reclines on), and pull up on the phone with your thumb and index finger. It's fairly easy once you do it a few times.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 05:02 PM   #650
blugel
macrumors member

http://made2dock.myshopify.com seems to have vanished.

Anyone have any more info about this?
blugel is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories