Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Wasteland

Closed Thread

Old Feb 12, 2013, 02:59 PM   #51
Brian Y
macrumors 68020

They've gone to the trouble of writing that up when it would be quicker for them to swap it. It must be pretty badly damaged, or you would have shown photos to prove otherwise. And you can't suggest another thread for me since I won't take your word - it's a public forum.

If you've dropped your phone (the notes say *dent*, not scratch) then it's out of warranty. If you crash your car, you can't expect them to repair it under warranty. Same goes here. Either use your insurance, or pay for an OOW replacement, and take some responsibility for your actions.

Also, what gives you the right to post somebody's ID number on a public forum like this, especially in a company such as Apple where that's traceable and could cost them their job.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brounmoney View Post
I was super nice to Apple, but think about it they are a huge company they want to make money not lose it by giving you a replacement. They will do what it takes not too. Sure they can be great, but people talk about them like they will do anything for anyone no matter what. It just is not true. They have good customer service, but not great. The best customer service I have ever seen is Amazon. They have gone out of the way to fix things for me. I don't call giving you 2 phone calls to AppleCare in a 1 year warranty going out of their way. Also charging you $80 more dollars on top of the price of your iphone to send you a replacement before you send yours going out of their way. Like I said they are good, but a long shot from being great.
LOL. If anything, Apple bend over backwards to help people - that's well known. Hence why there must be some serious damage for those notes.

Last edited by Brian Y; Feb 12, 2013 at 03:06 PM.
Brian Y is online now   3
Old Feb 12, 2013, 03:00 PM   #52
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem

Quote:
Yes but great customer service does not require that. I work at a university bookstore that is a Authorized Apple retail and repair store. We have customers complain about AppleCare being rude and not wanted to fix their computer which is under warranty. Those plus my experience lead me to believe the OP, and honestly would not recommend Apple for its customer service. I love the products, but good luck with customer care after you buy the product.
I agree.
Even though they're not always great I still think they have very good customer service compared to many other companies out there.
Or at least according to many surveys Apple’s customer satisfaction is at an all time high, and continuing their dominating lead in the overall PC industry.
Applejuiced is offline   0
Old Feb 12, 2013, 03:05 PM   #53
Vudoo
macrumors 6502a

I've had every version of the iPhone since the 3GS and never had an issue of Apple warranting a phone even when cosmetic damage existed. Maybe it just depends on the person.
Vudoo is offline   0
Old Feb 12, 2013, 03:09 PM   #54
Brounmoney
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Y View Post
They've gone to the trouble of writing that up when it would be quicker for them to swap it. It must be pretty badly damaged, or you would have shown photos to prove otherwise. And you can't suggest another thread for me since I won't take your word - it's a public forum.

If you've dropped your phone (the notes say *dent*, not scratch) then it's out of warranty. If you crash your car, you can't expect them to repair it under warranty. Same goes here. Either use your insurance, or pay for an OOW replacement, and take some responsibility for your actions.

Also, what gives you the right to post somebody's ID number on a public forum like this, especially in a company such as Apple where that's traceable and could cost them their job.

----------

LOL. If anything, Apple bend over backwards to help people - that's well known. Hence why there must be some serious damage for those notes.
It may be well know, but just look around on these forums and you will see a lot different things being said. Apple can pay huge marketing prices to get a good name so people will believe in their customer service. A lot of companies do this. They get reviews or bloggers to say great things and get customers to believe it. Some times it is true, but a lot of times they just paid for their good name.
Brounmoney is offline   0
Old Feb 12, 2013, 03:10 PM   #55
LostSoul80
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by rijowysock View Post
i guess we're in a zombie apocalypse where it's everyone for themselves and nobody likes to offer advice anymore without critiquing the OP.

i would expect more from forward thinkers who have escaped the PC world and gone to the dark side.

have fun pissing on the next thread guys.
There still are forums where people are willing to offer help. This just ain't one in 99% of the threads, so I would head over to better places where you can get mature answers. Good luck.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 03:12 PM   #56
Brounmoney
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applejuiced View Post
I agree.
Even though they're not always great I still think they have very good customer service compared to many other companies out there.
Or at least according to many surveys Apple’s customer satisfaction is at an all time high, and continuing their dominating lead in the overall PC industry.
Yea I know. They sure sound good and maybe they are really helpful to people, but on two different trips to the Apple store I had bad customer service. One bad one is enough for a lot of people to say never again, but two most people would say I am done dealing with this company. I am still buying there products, but let it happen again and you can see me later too.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 03:13 PM   #57
Brian Y
macrumors 68020

Quote:
It may be well know, but just look around on these forums and you will see a lot different things being said. Apple can pay huge marketing prices to get a good name so people will believe in their customer service. A lot of companies do this. They get reviews or bloggers to say great things and get customers to believe it. Some times it is true, but a lot of times they just paid for their good name.
Apple don't pay for people to post positive reviews. They have no need. The only people that who generally moan about Apple's service are the people that don't get what they want (usually a free OOW repair, or the 20th iPhone swap). Granted, there are mishaps - but there are always sorted out at store level or with a quick call to CR.

Apple has the best customer service in the industry. Bar none. As for Amazon - they don't have good customer service, they just throw money at people whenever you have a problem - that's not service, that's paying people to shut up.
Brian Y is online now   1
Old Feb 12, 2013, 03:18 PM   #58
Brounmoney
Banned

Quote:
Apple don't pay for people to post positive reviews. They have no need. The only people that who generally moan about Apple's service are the people that don't get what they want (usually a free OOW repair, or the 20th iPhone swap). Granted, there are mishaps - but there are always sorted out at store level or with a quick call to CR.

Apple has the best customer service in the industry. Bar none. As for Amazon - they don't have good customer service, they just throw money at people whenever you have a problem - that's not service, that's paying people to shut up.
Why don't you read my experience and then tell me that I was just crying because things did not work the way I wanted. If I had my way I would have not just been given a refurbished ipad. I think that is crap that they will give refurbished products and replacements. If I have to deal with two rude people working at an Apple store I don't call that customer care( notice I don't use the word genius because well the people I dealt with were not too bright). You believe what you want, but just wait until you go in and they are rude and hard to deal with. See who's crying then.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 03:20 PM   #59
lixuelai
macrumors 6502a

I am confused. Did the OP really go to an official Apple Store? AFAIK there is none in Bogota. Even official Apple Store can be hit and miss much less authorized resellers.

Anyway emailing tcook@apple.com is pretty effective. You will be contact by Executive Relations and they are more flexible as to what they can do. Not saying some outlandish request will be granted but if your case is reasonable you should have a happy ending.
lixuelai is offline   0
Old Feb 12, 2013, 03:22 PM   #60
Brian Y
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Why don't you read my experience and then tell me that I was just crying because things did not work the way I wanted. If I had my way I would have not just been given a refurbished ipad. I think that is crap that they will give refurbished products and replacements. If I have to deal with two rude people working at an Apple store I don't call that customer care( notice I don't use the word genius because well the people I dealt with were not too bright). You believe what you want, but just wait until you go in and they are rude and hard to deal with. See who's crying then.
My post said "people who don't get what they want". You wanted a brand new iPad instead of a refurbished one, and didn't get it - which in my eyes says you didn't get what you want.

Also, insulting people? I've been on the receiving end of customers. If a customer is nice to you, I'd help them out. If they were a PITA, rude, or arrogant, I wouldn't. If I was working there, and you called me "not too bright", I wouldn't help you out either.

And with regard to the refurb thing - would you prefer they sent yours away for repair, opened it up, and repaired it, or gave you a refurbished one in perfect condition.
Brian Y is online now   2
Old Feb 12, 2013, 03:29 PM   #61
Brounmoney
Banned

Quote:
My post said "people who don't get what they want". You wanted a brand new iPad instead of a refurbished one, and didn't get it - which in my eyes says you didn't get what you want.

Also, insulting people? I've been on the receiving end of customers. If a customer is nice to you, I'd help them out. If they were a PITA, rude, or arrogant, I wouldn't. If I was working there, and you called me "not too bright", I wouldn't help you out either.

And with regard to the refurb thing - would you prefer they sent yours away for repair, opened it up, and repaired it, or gave you a refurbished one in perfect condition.
I am pretty sure I never said that I called them that to their face. Only said that on my post to you. Also no I did not get what I wanted which was good customer service. If you would only read my post then I would not have to go over this again. Sure I would love a brand new device, but I knew that I was not going happen. I know Apple's replacement is a refreshed. I just wanted then to help me, and all I got was "I can't see the images you are taking about". He liked at it for maybe 5 min then said there was nothing he could do. I was never rude to anyone in the store or on the phone.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 03:32 PM   #62
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem

Quote:
If I had my way I would have not just been given a refurbished ipad. I think that is crap that they will give refurbished products and replacements.
You realize that no company out there gives brand new devices as replacements right?
That's industry standard. And most they dont just replace it, they want you to mail yours in, then inspect it, fix it and send it back after a week or 2. Try getting a brand new replacement with Samsung or nokia or other android phones and then come and state your experience.
But at least with apple if you're under 30 days since your purchase day you can just return it and get your money back. And then still purchase a brand new one.
Applejuiced is offline   0
Old Feb 12, 2013, 03:33 PM   #63
Brian Y
macrumors 68020

Quote:
I am pretty sure I never said that I called them that to their face. Only said that on my post to you. Also no I did not get what I wanted which was good customer service. If you would only read my post then I would not have to go over this again. Sure I would love a brand new device, but I knew that I was not going happen. I know Apple's replacement is a refreshed. I just wanted then to help me, and all I got was "I can't see the images you are taking about". He liked at it for maybe 5 min then said there was nothing he could do. I was never rude to anyone in the store or on the phone.
I read the post. You never said what the issue was, only "display" issues that the genius couldn't see (if there was an issue with the display - surely you could physically point it out to them there on the spot?). And nobody's forcing you to "go over it again", but I hope that's not the attitude you used in the store
Brian Y is online now   1
Old Feb 12, 2013, 03:38 PM   #64
Brounmoney
Banned

Quote:
I read the post. You never said what the issue was, only "display" issues that the genius couldn't see (if there was an issue with the display - surely you could physically point it out to them there on the spot?). And nobody's forcing you to "go over it again", but I hope that's not the attitude you used in the store
I did say it was the display and yes I did point it out and he said I can't see it let me take it to the back. He left and came backs bad said he saw nothing. It really does not matter what I say, you think Apple has great customer service and nothing is going to change that.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applejuiced View Post
You realize that no company out there gives brand new devices as replacements right?
That's industry standard. And most they dont just replace it, they want you to mail yours in, then inspect it, fix it and send it back. Try getting a brand new replacement with Samsung or nokia or other android phones and then come and state your experience.
But at least with apple if you're under 30 days since your purchase day you can just return it and get your money back. And then still purchase a brand new one.
I do understand that. Like I said I knew that Apple was going to give me a refurbished one. I am just not a big fan of paying $500 for an ipad to then get an ipad that had some kind of problem that was "fixed" by Apple. I know other companies do that too, that does not make it right.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 06:10 PM   #65
maflynn

Looks like this thread is off the rails by and large.

Closed Thread
MacRumors Forums > Archive > Wasteland