Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services

Old Feb 12, 2013, 05:34 PM   #1
kako
macrumors member

What Happened to iTunes in the Cloud Streaming?

I've been having some problems with my iTunes account (the whole email switchover thing), so I'm hoping this is just a technical problem and not removed functionality.

Has anybody else noticed their iTunes in the Cloud content, which once appeared inline with your iTunes library, is now gone?

iTunes 11 brought in the ability to stream your previously purchased content, rather can storing it locally. This isn't iTunes Match, strictly for content you have bought from the iTunes Store. It was really handy, because it meant I could save disk space and only keep a few albums locally, while still having quick access to every album I've ever bought since I was a teenager.

The attachment shows a screenshot from before, and now after, the function being available in iTunes settings.

I hope they haven't removed this in favour of pushing iTunes Match. I have no need to pay extra for that service when I've only ever bought (and otherwise acquired) music from the iTunes Store.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-02-13 at 10.15.08 AM.png
Views:	37
Size:	302.4 KB
ID:	396486  
kako is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 06:31 PM   #2
HazyCloud
macrumors 68030

I have those same 4 options and I can stream TV shows that were purchased. I can't test it with music as I subscribe to iTunes Match.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:48 PM   #3
kako
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HazyCloud View Post
I have those same 4 options and I can stream TV shows that were purchased. I can't test it with music as I subscribe to iTunes Match.
Ok that's good news, thank you.

Could you tell me if you use an iCloud/MobileMe account for your purchases, or one of the old style Apple IDs?
kako is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 11:03 PM   #4
HazyCloud
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by kako View Post
Ok that's good news, thank you.

Could you tell me if you use an iCloud/MobileMe account for your purchases, or one of the old style Apple IDs?
I don't know what you mean by "old style Apple IDs", but mine is not an @me or @icloud account. Why would that matter?

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services