Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dinggus

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2012
I'm just waiting for Quasar to be updated, then my iPad will be complete.

I don't have much tweaks on it though. I would like to enjoy XBMC, but when using the Wizard after like 3 minutes, my iPad restarts, I see it in XBMC but it states "Error: No source found" when I select Navi-X.

taedouni

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2011
California
If you don't think that a jailbreak for an iPad is useless then I think that you don't need an iPad. The only lacking thing for the iPad is themes. But the usability is the same if not better due to the size of the screen.

robotphood

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2010
You have to install the XBMC source to find it, here is the step by step.

Yes XBMC is excellent!! I torrented shameless hd mkv using itransmission 3, and then watched it on ipad mini using XBMC, not to mention how awesome icefilms is and the fact I can access my external HD without having a computer running! That alone makes having the Ipad Jailbroken!

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW-TO:Install_XBMC_on_iPad/iPhone/iPod_touch

I played with XBMC on my ipad a little bit before I sold it a while ago. How did you access your external HD without a computer running?

nostylez

macrumors member
Mar 4, 2011
XBMC hands down is the sole reason I jailbroke mine.
Only thing I'm waiting for is an apple tv 3 jb.

yegon

macrumors 68040
Oct 20, 2007
f.lux, adblocker, Nitrous and Springtomise make the jailbreak entirely worthwhile for me. Net result of above tweaks is nicer screen, fewer ads, faster non-Safari javascript and - a pet peeve of mine - the ability to make icons stay in the "correct" place between portrait and landscape.

Luis2004

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2012
The ability to download videos and mp3s directly from Safari, alone, is enough reason to jailbreak. Bye bye iTunes shackles.

apollo1444

macrumors 65816
Jul 22, 2011
mexico
iPad is the best jailbreakable experience I have more tweaks than with my iPhone (depend on it so can't mess around that much) snes emulators, themes you name it my iPad has it all

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Sorta, especially when you realize that 100% of the themes don't support a majority of iPad apps.

It gave me more accessibility though (I can only use one hand and it's a PITA to use the buttons when they're all slanted. I actually can't use the iPod Touch for this reason too.), and that's one of the main reasons I hope they don't make it illegal to jailbreak tablets such as the iPad. AssistiveTouch is fine for the most part, but it's not enough and makes doing most things much slower. Plus it interferes with a few apps, mostly games.

Being able to pull up the multitasking bar with a swipe is really, really, really helpful for me.

wknapp0924

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2012
Honolulu, HI
I'll have to check out XMBC... does it support AirPlay?

Unfortunately it does not support Airplay unless you Airplay mirror and that doesn't take up much of the TV.

I reccommend for this to download XBMC on Iphone, and if it is a 5 to get full force to make it fit the resolution, then mirror it to ATV and it looks good, but not great.

Luis2004

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2012
Does safaridownloader do that or is it another app?

I have no idea. I downloaded Safari Download Enabler and Safari Download Manager, and one or both of them are doing the trick.

I'm too lazy to uninstall one and figure out which one it is.

guitarmandp

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2012
NEO.emu
NES.emu
SNES9x Ex+
MD.emu

That right there is the reason to jailbreak.

Also I like having bitesms for quick reply/quick compose.

kwiky

macrumors member
Aug 8, 2011
I'm just waiting for Quasar to be updated, then my iPad will be complete.

I also can't wait for Quasar. I wonder if we'll have to pay for the new version or if the old version license will be good enough.

Essenar

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2008
I'm going to cancel my Netflix.

XBMC + a few free movie/TV sites from the Hub Wizard = epic video entertainment from this device.

Also a much better display app to completely mirror what's on the screen.

The video recording feature.

RetinaPad
FullForce
Intelliscreen
Winterboard + Ayecon iPad theme
PSX emulator
Magic Mouse + mouse tweak
Zephyr (swipe between apps, swipe up to close)
Dashboard X plus the widgets (clock/weather widget)
Adblock

The list is endless. If you're treating a jailbroken iPad like you would a jailbroken iPod Touch or iPhone, you're doing it wrong. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.