Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dinggus

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2012
For some reason when I try to run Navi-x I get a script error. Any ideas on how to fix this?

No, I am getting the same thing which is weird because it works on my wife's iPad 3 but she's on iOS 5.1.1 at the moment.

----------

Have you guys ever use a Bluetooth mouse on the ipad ? Is it worth buying ?

Are you talking about BTC app that allows bluetooth mouse and keyboard?

TomH TX

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2010
To fix the navi-x script error, go into xbmc, system, appearance, and change skin to coherence!!! I had the exact same problem, and that fixed it for me. I did some searching, that was the solution I found, and it worked. Yee-hah.:D

frenchbullcho

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2013
No, I am getting the same thing which is weird because it works on my wife's iPad 3 but she's on iOS 5.1.1 at the moment.

----------

Are you talking about BTC app that allows bluetooth mouse and keyboard?

Yes I am. Is there another app that will allow my ipad to use a mouse ?

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
Yes I am. Is there another app that will allow my ipad to use a mouse ?

There is ( “BTstack Mouse”), but it's significantly worse. I've quickly compared the two apps at https://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=16304644 if interested.

----------

Have you guys ever use a Bluetooth mouse on the ipad ? Is it worth buying ?

Definitely - BTC Mouse & Trackpad rocks.

----------

Unfortunately it does not support Airplay unless you Airplay mirror and that doesn't take up much of the TV.

I reccommend for this to download XBMC on Iphone, and if it is a 5 to get full force to make it fit the resolution, then mirror it to ATV and it looks good, but not great.

Note that XBMC supports wired TV (HDMI / VGA) out. If you plan to watch videos with it, wiring up should be the only way of watching videos. (See https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1500109/ for more info on making TV output work.)

Mrg02d

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2012
I'm going to cancel my Netflix.

XBMC + a few free movie/TV sites from the Hub Wizard = epic video entertainment from this device.

Also a much better display app to completely mirror what's on the screen.

The video recording feature.

RetinaPad
FullForce
Intelliscreen
Winterboard + Ayecon iPad theme
PSX emulator
Magic Mouse + mouse tweak
Zephyr (swipe between apps, swipe up to close)
Dashboard X plus the widgets (clock/weather widget)
Adblock

The list is endless. If you're treating a jailbroken iPad like you would a jailbroken iPod Touch or iPhone, you're doing it wrong. :)

Can we download the movies from xbmc? My Internet is slow DSL and I'd rather not have to buffer. Also, would my university network be able to see me downloading from here?

acorntoy

macrumors 68010
May 25, 2010
I agree :/ I have 21+ tweaks currently installed on my phone and 2 on my ipad.

Everybody is talking about XMBC but that doesn't really interest me because
1. I got gifted a year free or netflix
2. It really isn't that hard to find the networks apps on the App Store that let you watch free tv

wknapp0924

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2012
Honolulu, HI
Can we download the movies from xbmc? My Internet is slow DSL and I'd rather not have to buffer. Also, would my university network be able to see me downloading from here?

I am not sure about the other add-ons, but you can download from Icefilms even while you watch so you can pause for half hour to let the download work a little bit more.

Just hold down as you press Icefilms and then add on settings will pop up and set a download folder. I have filer on my Ipad so I just saved the location to Filer which I found the downloads location via Ifile. I then watch it with Filer and can even airplay it and it looks fabulous.

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
I agree :/ I have 21+ tweaks currently installed on my phone and 2 on my ipad.

Everybody is talking about XMBC but that doesn't really interest me because
1. I got gifted a year free or netflix
2. It really isn't that hard to find the networks apps on the App Store that let you watch free tv

Well, actually, XBMC (and, in some regards, RushPlayer+) is the only player to circumvent Apple's absolutely silly restrictions like not letting devs use hardware decoding for anything else than native iOS containers etc. Add the huge arsenal of streaming protocols and codecs supported by XBMC - for example, no other player supports lossless and/or 24 bit WMA's.

If you read thru my multimedia-related articles, you'll see almost every one of them states something "XBMC does this (far) better because it's not been dumbed down to comlu with Apple's rules". There are MANY areas that XBMC is FAR better than anything else out there.

wknapp0924

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2012
Honolulu, HI
Well, actually, XBMC (and, in some regards, RushPlayer+) is the only player to circumvent Apple's absolutely silly restrictions like not letting devs use hardware decoding for anything else than native iOS containers etc. Add the huge arsenal of streaming protocols and codecs supported by XBMC - for example, no other player supports lossless and/or 24 bit WMA's.

If you read thru my multimedia-related articles, you'll see almost every one of them states something "XBMC does this (far) better because it's not been dumbed down to comlu with Apple's rules". There are MANY areas that XBMC is FAR better than anything else out there.

Rushplayer+ plays MKV? Does some audio get lost from the restrictions or not? The only downfall with XBMC right now for me on my ipad is the inability to airplay it. I can mirror it, but it does not look that great.

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
Rushplayer+ plays MKV? Does some audio get lost from the restrictions or not?

It's the AppStore (and otherwise too dumbed-down, "thanks" to Apple) RushPlayer, not the Cydia one, that had to remove AC3. RushPlayer+ (the Cydia one) supports AC3 and has flawless MKV playback - again, because it doesn't need to follow Apple's ****** guidelines.

The only downfall with XBMC right now for me on my ipad is the inability to airplay it. I can mirror it, but it does not look that great.

Use cabled connections (the VGA or the HDMI adapter) - with them, it's working wonderfully.

LordQ

Suspended
Sep 22, 2012
NCSettings, Safari Upload Enabler, FakeClockUp, WeeKillBackground, WeeConvert, Google Maps + FullForce, Poof (Hide iMessage, Newstand, Game Center, ect), NoSpot (Disable Spotilight), FastCopy (disables copy/paste delay).

Let me thinkin some more but this ones are awesome and worth the iPad jailbreak.

Jnardis

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2010
Sorry, I'm know to XBMC - I downloaded it and have everything working, but where do I get the Shows/movies from?

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
The tweak I actually use the most is SwipeShiftCaret, I surprisingly use this more than any other.

cheenofly

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2012
Anyone recommend a clean looking weather/clock/weather widget for the lock screen for the iPad?

Redjericho

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2011
Search "Nito Installer" on cydia, it auto installs the xmbc source and xbmc to your device, as well as a nice touch-based theme.

guitarmandp

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2012
XBMC and all of the .EMU emulators are worth jailbreaking my iPad for

The only feature that I think of as "must have" for my iPad mini is intelliscreen X. I can live without a jailbreak for my iPad mini although it is still nice to have because of Intelliscreen X

jayeskreezy

macrumors 65816
Mar 3, 2005
I downloaded a few items on the iPad, but they're .avi. Are there any .avi viewers that'll play these items? VLC isn't working from the iPad.

wknapp0924

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2012
Honolulu, HI
I downloaded a few items on the iPad, but they're .avi. Are there any .avi viewers that'll play these items? VLC isn't working from the iPad.

You can watch any video on the Ipad through XBMC. Just click on video, file, and add the folder with your videos and it will work on any format.

dfweyer

macrumors newbie
Jan 30, 2010
There are many good reasons for an iPad jailbreak, I use NCSettings along with Dashboard X to make my iPad much more functional. MultiIconMover and the keyboard swipe to make move the cursor are some of the most useful tweaks.

iTransmission 2 is also really nice!

Last edited:

Eclipse538

macrumors regular
Feb 18, 2013
Bahahahahahahahaha

I have so many tweaks on my ipad it's a joke --- I thought this freakng thread was joke!!! I cannot believe you all are thinking or saying these near blasphemous things!

Zephyr
Auxo - ipad v in march
Quasar - (not yet but the single handed reason to jb)
Bigify
Bitesms
BlackKeyboard
Black HD UI
Blackout
Flux
Ifile
No not charging
No page dots
NoNewsIsGoodNews
NoSpot
NoStoreButton
Not-so-smart
Pandora downloader
PasswordPilot
RemovePictureFrame
Safari Omnibar
Sbsettings
Sbsettings VPN toggle
Sbsettings Adblock toggle
SliderBar
SmoothBoard
Speed Intensifier(slow down -2)
SwipeAway
SwipeSelection
VolumeStep
Wifi Booster
Winterboard

Still looking for a thicker status bar and I HATE FOUR FINGER SWIPING, it makes the screen look like disgusting after a few hours of use - plus I'm still trying to get a few more essential apps. I'm glad you guys aren't evasi0n and felt the same way :p

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
You can watch any video on the Ipad through XBMC. Just click on video, file, and add the folder with your videos and it will work on any format.

... just keep in mind that it, sometimes, delivers sub-par performance compared to some apps, depending on the format. For example nPlayer, AVPlayerHD, HD Player Pro etc., generally, play back most MKV / WMV files significantly better, with less stuttering. (See my recent posts at https://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=16885343 for more info if interested.)

----------

Zephyr
Auxo - ipad v in march
Quasar - (not yet but the single handed reason to jb)
Bigify
Bitesms
BlackKeyboard
Black HD UI
Blackout
Flux
Ifile
No not charging
No page dots
NoNewsIsGoodNews
NoSpot
NoStoreButton
Not-so-smart
Pandora downloader
PasswordPilot
RemovePictureFrame
Safari Omnibar
Sbsettings
Sbsettings VPN toggle
Sbsettings Adblock toggle
SliderBar
SmoothBoard
Speed Intensifier(slow down -2)
SwipeAway
SwipeSelection
VolumeStep
Wifi Booster
Winterboard

Also add the free(!!) Photo Info to the list. Absolutely great.

declandio

macrumors 6502
Apr 3, 2009
London, UK
I'm not being critical or judgemental here, but I've always been curious about something on this forum; if someone mentions Installous or pirated apps, they get flamed (rightly so, in most cases).

But it's ok to give advice on how to pirate other stuff like movies / tv / music via XBMC etc? Doesn't make sense to me!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.