Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

l.mac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 19, 2011
My macbook pro (along with a bunch of other stuff) was stolen last friday, feb 8th, but luckily, my computer was recovered and returned to me on the monday following, feb 11th.
My issue is that I've noticed a couple things different, very minor, with my computer and I'm not sure how to tell if anyone was able to use it, or do something to it (what they could actually do, I don't know). The only visible thing I've noticed that is different is the login screen- the photo associated with my administrator account is different (I've never changed it, and it's now a default photo that came with the mac), and the entire background of the login window at start up is different (different colour).
It is password protected, so I may be over reacting in thinking someone was actually able to get into it.

I checked console, and there are commands/tasks occuring after it had been stolen- ie. someone else opened it at the very least. It's only a window of about 1 minute that they are occur, but I don't like not knowing what these commands or tasks, or whatever they are, mean, or what they did or didn't do, as it was done by whoever had swiped my bag.

Any idea of what these commands mean (I couldn't figure them out through google), and a definitive answer on whether this person was able to do anything to my computer would be great. I may be overly paranoid about this- but I really don't like the idea of anyone having accessed my computer, even for a short window of time.

(BTW- I'm running Lion 10.7.5, and my computer is a little over a year old)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-02-13 at 1.22.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-02-13 at 1.22.05 PM.png
    231.8 KB · Views: 112

snaky69

macrumors 603
Mar 14, 2008
I see the sleep image being read or written to, so they've opened and closed it once or twice on the 8th and didn't touch it again until you got it back.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.