SSD vs HD with Win7 - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac

Old Feb 14, 2013, 09:33 AM   #1
tommy0614
macrumors member

SSD vs HD with Win7

I play a lot of games on Win 7. What would be the advantages of having Win 7 thru bootcamp installed on the 768 SSD as opposed to Win 7 installed on the hard drive option? I know that having Win 7 on the SSD would improve load times but would it really improve the gaming as opposed to it being on the hard drive? What is your advice.
tommy0614 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 09:51 AM   #2
Panch0
macrumors 6502a

Any transitions that require the game to load new items from disk would be quicker, so maybe things like moving from one area to another or any other type of transition. I don't think actual gameplay would show much difference other than the load times that you mentioned. The only SSD advantage that might show up during gameplay would be faster swapping to the page file, but I have no idea if that is a concern for gaming.
Panch0 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac