Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Mar 26, 2012, 10:56 AM   #1
chuges
macrumors member

Apple TV Youtube Auto-zoom

Hey all

I've noticed that when I watch vids through my apple TV's youtube player, it automatically zooms in slightly on the picture and I lose a small part of the image on the top and sides (maybe on the bottom too, but i didn't have a point of reference to compare that too).

It doesn't happen when I watch netflix or rent movies - only youtube. I would rather that it display the full image with letterboxing instead of filling the screen. Does anyone else have this problem? Any possible solutions/work arounds?

Thanks!
chuges is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2012, 11:58 AM   #2
Aragornii
macrumors regular

Nothing to add other than to say I've noticed the exact same thing, and it really bugs me. And it's not just a small part. Sometimes when reading text the entire word at the beginning or end of a line will be off the screen.
Aragornii is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2012, 11:14 AM   #3
prograham
macrumors member

Yep, welcome to the club of people affected by this. I'm not sure if everyone is, and some just don't notice, but it sucks and there is no fix. So lame.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 12:00 PM   #4
Shoesy
macrumors 6502a

Large amount of overscan- if you look at the apple movie trailers, they cut some of the apple logo off there is so much overscan!
Shoesy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2012, 12:07 PM   #5
prograham
macrumors member

I've noticed that on the trailers but didn't understand why it was happening. So is this to say that the ATV2 is doing the overscan? If so it would be great to get an update that would give us an option to turn it off.. shoot even in the wiki article you linked it states that for 1080 overscan is not desirable.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 12:26 PM   #6
phluxer
macrumors newbie

Update please!

I have the same issue here on my ATV3 and its realy annoying.
Go for it Apple! Fix it!
phluxer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 03:01 PM   #7
prograham
macrumors member

Y'know for the longest time I thought it was AppleTV at fault as well, even posting about it in this thread, and then finally I looked through some more menus and found some arcane menu that didn't logically fit wherever it was in my Panasonic, flipped a setting, and now I see the whole picture of whatever I watch.

Try taking another look through all your menus and settings, play with each one to see if you get lucky like I did.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater