Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jojoba

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 9, 2011
Are there any iPad apps for getting better predictive text? My Android phone has a brilliant predictive text app which makes writing so much easier. I miss something similar for Ipad.

mstrze

macrumors 68000
Nov 6, 2009
Are there any iPad apps for getting better predictive text? My Android phone has a brilliant predictive text app which makes writing so much easier. I miss something similar for Ipad.

Odd because I have always felt the iPad/iPhone predictive text is right much more often than wrong. It learns your preferences and typical word choices over time. Are you new to the iPad?

jojoba

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 9, 2011
Odd because I have always felt the iPad/iPhone predictive text is right much more often than wrong. It learns your preferences and typical word choices over time. Are you new to the iPad?

I've had my iPad for about five months, I think. I don't think it's terrible or anything. I just think the app I have on my Android phone is SO much better, and it's one of the few things that stops me from switching to iPhone. When I do extensive typing on my iPad I in any case bring an external keyboard along, so it's not a huge issue. I just think it's a shame that such a great product doesn't come with that kind of extra enhancement (for example, where you see three or four different alternatives come up as you type).

Lynx8

macrumors newbie
Feb 13, 2013
There is no such thing as custom keyboard on iOS :D So we must wait till Apple makes this kind of thing in standard keyboard. I think they eventually will do this. Every other OS now has this "predictive text" thing. Apple is maybe trying to do this "the right way", and when they crack this problem, when they make this better than anyone - then we will see this in standard iOS keyboard!

jojoba

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 9, 2011
There is no such thing as custom keyboard on iOS :D So we must wait till Apple makes this kind of thing in standard keyboard. I think they eventually will do this. Every other OS now has this "predictive text" thing. Apple is maybe trying to do this "the right way", and when they crack this problem, when they make this better than anyone - then we will see this in standard iOS keyboard!

I hope so! It's just so much more convenient. When that's added to iOS, I'll finally switch to iPhone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.