Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac

Old Feb 13, 2013, 09:59 PM   #1
seanerixon
macrumors newbie

Things Being Cut Off

I'm running Windows 7(64bit) in Bootcamp on my Retina" Macbook Pro.
Here's my delima.. Say I open an application or program, sometimes, a portion or partial of the application or portion is cut off, and missing! Take a look next to this text, in the screenshot. You will see the launcher for a game. Looks normal at first, however, it is not. Under Time:00:00..etc.. You will see Done has been cut from the bottom. Now, this isn't a big deal, very easy to deal with. Let's go down further, under the block boxes filled with latest news and updates, you will see what seems to be the top of at least 4 different social icons, and there's more but I can't tell what it is.. It's worse in some other applications. How is this being caused? I thought perhaps it was a resolution issue, but after changing it to 1920x1080, the problem still persist! (sorry if this post seems weird.. I'm tired, and spent all dat working.. I'm ready for my nap now!)

http://www.imgeasy.com/images/QsL4R.png
seanerixon is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 06:36 AM   #2
Quad5Ny
macrumors 6502a

It's because of DPI scaling.

I'm guessing you have it set to 125% or 150%. Not all Windows applications work correctly with DPI scaling.

Sorry, but I don't think there is anything you can do.
Quad5Ny is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 08:02 PM   #3
seanerixon
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quad5Ny View Post
It's because of DPI scaling.

I'm guessing you have it set to 125% or 150%. Not all Windows applications work correctly with DPI scaling.

Sorry, but I don't think there is anything you can do.
Oh wow, that's interesting. At least you could tell me what it is exactly, it's better than me being clueless!
Old Feb 14, 2013, 08:48 PM   #4
Quad5Ny
macrumors 6502a

I'm guessing it happens because text, borders, buttons, ect. aren't the exact size the application developers tested for.

See if setting DPI scaling to 100% fixes the cut off elements - http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/win...i-scaling/5404
Quad5Ny is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2013, 12:43 AM   #5
seanerixon
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quad5Ny View Post
I'm guessing it happens because text, borders, buttons, ect. aren't the exact size the application developers tested for.

See if setting DPI scaling to 100% fixes the cut off elements - http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/win...i-scaling/5404
Sadly, before I looked at this, I installed IE10. Someone suggested installing IE9 would fix my issues, but for some reason it won't install.. So I installed IE10, and bam! It was fixed. But I'm glad you showed me that scaling option, because some things looks much more beautiful now!

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac