Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SawyerTHEBEST

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 5, 2013
Every computer needs Counter Strike 1.6 , and Quake 3 installed.

As you lurkers know I just got Quake 3 to work finally. BUT now I can't find Counter Strike for powerpc mac anywere :( Halp :apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple:

rampancy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2002
There is no PPC version of CounterStrike, or Half-Life, for that matter. The closest you could get would be a Q3 or UT99 mod like Urban Terror.

ppcfanforever1

macrumors regular
Dec 31, 2012
Pennsylvania
Every computer needs Counter Strike 1.6 , and Quake 3 installed.

As you lurkers know I just got Quake 3 to work finally. BUT now I can't find Counter Strike for powerpc mac anywere :( Halp :apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple:

What you could do though is ask the developer who worked at valve at the time if she could help you unbury half life because I heard of a half life ppc project that got canceled at the last minute before release. They said they had to completely destroy the files but that they actually buried them. So your best bet is get in contact with team members. Good Luck ;)

https://www.macrumors.com/2010/12/20/how-half-life-1-for-mac-was-canceled-at-the-last-minute/

SawyerTHEBEST

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 5, 2013
What you could do though is ask the developer who worked at valve at the time if she could help you unbury half life because I heard of a half life ppc project that got canceled at the last minute before release. They said they had to completely destroy the files but that they actually buried them. So your best bet is get in contact with team members. Good Luck ;)

https://www.macrumors.com/2010/12/20/how-half-life-1-for-mac-was-canceled-at-the-last-minute/

That just made me sad :(

Jethryn Freyman

macrumors 68020
Aug 9, 2007
Australia
Quake 3? Every Mac from about 1998 to the present.

CS 1.6? No PowerPC Mac, save very slowly, MAYBE, in Virtual PC. On an Intel Mac, it works perfectly in Boot Camp Windows, well in a virtual machine, and I think it also does well under Crossover/WINE/Cider wrapper.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.