Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > Mac Blog Discussion

Old Feb 14, 2013, 05:39 PM   #51
Verloc
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace View Post
Please enlighten me on what makes sense in this post ?

All I said was Apple would release 10.9 when Apple wants to.

That's pretty simple and a very understandable statement.
It's simple alright.
Verloc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 05:40 PM   #52
Futurix
macrumors regular

I'm so tired of waiting for this...
I can't fully migrate to my new Mac without proper Windows 8 support, and looks like by the time 10.8.3 will be released I will be on my next Mac already
Futurix is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 05:41 PM   #53
Peace
macrumors P6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verloc View Post
It's simple alright.
Dude if you're looking for a specific date for Apple to release 10.9 to developers have a seat and grab some popcorn because nobody knows except Apple.
Peace is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 06:06 PM   #54
maccuser
macrumors member

Does the graphic enhancements of 10.8.3 improve chrome experience?

Maybe its just me but scrolling in chrome is much slower than safari on RMBP..

I hope RBMP becomes snappier in terms of graphics, thats my only compliant with my 13 RMBP
maccuser is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 06:13 PM   #55
DJJAZZYJET
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccuser View Post
Does the graphic enhancements of 10.8.3 improve chrome experience?

Maybe its just me but scrolling in chrome is much slower than safari on RMBP..

I hope RBMP becomes snappier in terms of graphics, thats my only compliant with my 13 RMBP
Safari will be snap... - better.
DJJAZZYJET is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 06:27 PM   #56
maccuser
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJJAZZYJET View Post
Safari will be snap... - better.
i was specifically asking for chrome?
maccuser is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 06:28 PM   #57
gmanist1000
macrumors 68020

I can't wait to see the stories about how many security and bugs there are in 10.8.3 after the stable version goes live.
gmanist1000 is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 06:30 PM   #58
Peace
macrumors P6

Quote:
i was specifically asking for chrome?
You might want to ask google about that.
Peace is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 06:37 PM   #59
tigres
macrumors 68040

They should just release SL again. Call it new and improved with iCloud support and AirPlay. Done deal
Old Feb 14, 2013, 06:54 PM   #60
RoelJuun
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigres View Post
They should just release SL again. Call it new and improved with iCloud support and AirPlay. Done deal
And even less OpenGL support? No plase, OS X is already behind...
RoelJuun is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 07:04 PM   #61
maccuser
macrumors member

has anyone seen improvements with using chrome on 10.8.3?

I wanna if there is any hope or I should give it up completely on RMBP
Old Feb 14, 2013, 07:27 PM   #62
mattburley7
macrumors 65816

Beta 12 next thursday
mattburley7 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 07:52 PM   #63
noiseordinance
macrumors regular

Quote:
has anyone seen improvements with using chrome on 10.8.3?

I wanna if there is any hope or I should give it up completely on RMBP
Isn't this the responsibility of Google to take care of? Last I checked, Apple doesn't optimize Chrome's code for Retina performance. Now, if Apple doesn't fix the CSS rendering hell on Safari for Retina after over a half a year since release, I'll be one grumpy customer.
noiseordinance is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 07:59 PM   #64
Rampage Dev
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackburn View Post
You can screw the nvram. And it won't turn on until you get the nvram externally erased.
And that is what we call a bricked motherboard.
Rampage Dev is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 08:29 PM   #65
shurcooL
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseordinance View Post
I know this is probably forbidden to say, but this type of update schedule is one thing that makes me miss the update format of Windows / Linux distros... It's been months since my OS was updated. With other OSes, you can at least hope for speedier incremental bug fixes. Right now there could be one single issue that is putting an entire plethora of bugfixes on hold. Is there some sort of benefit to this process that I don't quite understand?
Yes, there is a huge benefit to it actually. You should know that for some people this is a key selling point for Apple computers.

Imagine people who are not computer enthusiasts, and are very busy with their work. They don't care about the latest rumors and whatever. They just want a computer that works and *DOES NOT* bug them every day about some new updates.

If you really want faster updates, you can switch to Windows or Linux, or pay the developer fee and get early access to OS X betas. Majority of people don't want faster updates, which is why Apple doesn't do it faster for general public.
shurcooL is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 08:34 PM   #66
daneoni
macrumors G4

Why are people complaining about the number of betas, Do you actually want them to release half-baked software?!
Old Feb 14, 2013, 08:34 PM   #67
Mr. Retrofire
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampage Dev View Post
And that is what we call a bricked motherboard.
No. A logic board in a MBP with a defective NVIDIA GPU is a bricked motherboard. NVRAM is just a software problem. Or do you mean a defective NVRAM chip!?

“Only the dead have seen the end of the war.”
-- Plato --
Mr. Retrofire is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 08:34 PM   #68
Kashchei
macrumors 65816

Send a message via MSN to Kashchei Send a message via Yahoo to Kashchei Send a message via Skype™ to Kashchei
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRLawyer View Post
You mean she is back?

No, she's not back. I'm just getting the same "Waiting for Godot" feeling I had with Copland
Kashchei is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 08:35 PM   #69
Mr. Retrofire
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by daneoni View Post
Why are people complaining about the number of betas, Do you actually want them to release half-baked software?!
Yes!

;-)

“Only the dead have seen the end of the war.”
-- Plato --
Mr. Retrofire is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 08:38 PM   #70
epelba01
macrumors newbie

I hope to see that my screen sharing, file sharing, wifi sync will work when the computer is asleep. I have had this issue for a long time. I have my time capsule set up in bridge mode because of Verizon Fios limitations and have not been able to have wake on LAN. I saw somewhere that it is fixed in 10.8.3 Would live to see some thumbs up from people that are beta testing.
epelba01 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 08:48 PM   #71
ghosthaunt11
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattburley7 View Post
Beta 12 next thursday
I hope there won't be a 12th beta. I hope the update is released to the public by next Thursday. But, then again, one great thing about releasing more builds is that it means more testing, which most likely means that more bugs are fixed and the OS is more stable! Of course, Mountain Lion has not been a big problem for me, since my Mac is still fast enough and completely usable. But, it is buggy, so I would like the OS to be a lot more stable and, of course, I would like the "file" bug to be fixed. I have never needed to type that, however.

There is also one other bug that I discovered. When I changed my username, OS X did not register it when resuming from sleep mode. It would not allow me to log back into my desktop even though I entered the correct password. I had to restart my Mac in order to log back in. I reported that bug to Apple and I would like to see if it is among the bugs that are fixed in 10.8.3.

I am currently using 10.8.2, the latest update that's currently available to consumers.

Last edited by ghosthaunt11; Feb 14, 2013 at 11:14 PM.
ghosthaunt11 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 08:52 PM   #72
noiseordinance
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by shurcooL View Post
They just want a computer that works and *DOES NOT* bug them every day about some new updates.

If you really want faster updates, you can switch to Windows or Linux.
So what if the customer received a product that *DOES NOT* work correctly? Are you saying that Apple is so concerned with being unobtrusive that it withholds crucial updates for several months on end as a "convenience" to their customers? That makes perfect sense.

FWIW, updates on Linux and Windows are very easily configured. If you are the type of person that simply cannot bring yourself to do 2-3 mouse clicks to modify the automatic update settings on either OS, then maybe your logic is correct. But you should also remember that people like myself who have paid over $2000 for the elite computing experience also have expectations. My expectation is that my problems will be fixed, and they will be fixed fast. Not several months after the issues arise.

Last edited by noiseordinance; Feb 14, 2013 at 09:06 PM.
noiseordinance is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 09:05 PM   #73
maccuser
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseordinance View Post
Isn't this the responsibility of Google to take care of? Last I checked, Apple doesn't optimize Chrome's code for Retina performance. Now, if Apple doesn't fix the CSS rendering hell on Safari for Retina after over a half a year since release, I'll be one grumpy customer.
well given that scrolling with chrome was fine pre Retina, im thinking that the whole machines graphic is slow across.. dont you think that the whole system is a bit sluggish with the retina?
Old Feb 14, 2013, 09:16 PM   #74
noiseordinance
macrumors regular

Quote:
well given that scrolling with chrome was fine pre Retina, im thinking that the whole machines graphic is slow across.. dont you think that the whole system is a bit sluggish with the retina?
I'm quite happy with retina-optimized programs, but unfortunately most of said programs are Apple's own. For instance, open a PDF in preview. Then open it in adobe reader. The difference is night and day. Photoshop cs6 on the other hand is a much better experience. I think we just gotta wait through the growing pains of other companies adopting retina and improving the experience.
noiseordinance is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 09:57 PM   #75
matamoris
macrumors member

There's probably like one guy who is maintaining 10.8 right now. Everyone else is on 10.9 and iOS.
matamoris is offline   3 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > Mac Blog Discussion