Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jowie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2004
London ish
Ive is becoming rather a portly gentleman...

But must be rather cool being shown some design ideas, on a device you designed.

Buckeyestar

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2011
Jonathan Ive has a Blue Peter?! :eek:

They really should've thought more about the name for that award. :D

Tiger8

macrumors 68020
May 23, 2011
For a second I thought that was his son

For a very short second scanning through the headline (child) and the pic, I thought that guy is his son, but then realized that he is too young to have a son this old (and read the article), but darn, he looks like him.

Ivy, call your highschool girlfriends :D

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Leander Kahney has a book coming out later this year on Ive and he was able to get current and former designers plus other Apple employees to talk so should be an intersting read. A couple interesting things he mentioned is getting conflicting stories from people as well as many employees claiming the stories about how products came to be were sometimes flat out lies just created for marketing purposes. Definitely gave the impression that this notion of Steve dreaming all this stuff up was not really the way it happened.

Gaspode67

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2008
Oxon, UK
Jonathan Ive has a Blue Peter?! :eek:

They really should've thought more about the name for that award. :D

Blue Peter is the name of the BBC Kids programme, and it got it's name from the maritime signals flag called the Blue Peter that is/used to be flown when a vessel was about to leave port...

atrevers

macrumors regular
May 24, 2007
UK
a GOLD Blue Peter Badge ! Those are rarer than hen's teeth over here in the UK. To put this great honour into context, there are more people with knighthoods than Gold Blue Peter Badges ;)

You can't buy gold Blue Peter badges.

phillipduran

macrumors 65816
Apr 30, 2008
a GOLD Blue Peter Badge ! Those are rarer than hen's teeth over here in the UK. To put this great honour into context, there are more people with knighthoods than Gold Blue Peter Badges ;)

Sir Jony Ive has them both.

ps You spelled honor wrong. ;)

OllyW

Staff member
Oct 11, 2005
The Black Country, England
"...and in next week's show, we'll be showing you how you can make your very own iPhone from an empty Fairy Liquid bottle, two toilet roll centres, a tube of glue, and some sticky-back plastic...."

That brings back good memories. :)

I wonder if you can still get sticky-backed plastic? It was everywhere in the 70's but I haven't seen it in years.

chuckiej

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2003
I bet he will treasure that award far more than being knighted. For us Americans, Imagine if the Mr Wizard or Mr Rodgers shows were still on and they gave you an award for inspiring children.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.