Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Squilly

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 17, 2012
PA
The series. I'm on the 4th season, episode 5. The series is so damn addicting (went through 5 episodes just today). What did you think of it? Please don't ruin it, all I know is there's a sad ending, just from looking at reviews.

eternlgladiator

macrumors 68000
Jun 20, 2010
Twin Cities
It's a pretty good show. Got a little out there near the end but still good. I don't know if your conclusions are necessarily correct either. I'd stick with it and keep an open mind.

juanm

macrumors 68000
May 1, 2006
Fury 161
I found the first season excellent, the second very good, and after that it went downhill very fast (I didn't even watch the last three or four episodes)

Tsuchiya

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2008
Overall it was a great show, but they never managed to recapture the highs of the first season.

By the middle/end I wanted Tancredi to just be killed off or something. Proper annoying character.

Squilly

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 17, 2012
PA
Overall it was a great show, but they never managed to recapture the highs of the first season.

By the middle/end I wanted Tancredi to just be killed off or something. Proper annoying character.

Was close to being killed numerous times.

----------

I found the first season excellent, the second very good, and after that it went downhill very fast (I didn't even watch the last three or four episodes)

3rd season was good too. Thats where I'm at now. Working against the Company.

TedM

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2012
California
I thought the first two seasons were the best of the series. I did think that the dialogue at times was a bit cheesy, but overall I loved the series. I was a tad disappointed with the ending, but still amazing.

iBreatheApple

macrumors 68030
Sep 3, 2011
Florida
I love this show! I was devastated when I finished the series. It's so depressing when you're coming up on the last few episodes because you know there's nothing left.

ultra7k

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2012
I really enjoyed the first 3 seasons or so, then I just stuck with it after that to see how it would end.

Still a solid series, IMO.

dukebound85

macrumors Core
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level
I hate these shows's format

They keep adding new twists in the story that makes it unbelievable

Just a way to milk the series

Prison break and burn notice come to mind for this type of never endning cliff hangers

Portaluk

Oct 10, 2009
England
Very good programme seen it twice, once when originally on TV and once again recently when joined lovefilm (like netflix).

Second time did notice the unbelievable far fetched stories more in the later series but still very enjoyable. Reminded me of 24 when everything was falling into place then there was another twist to drag it out some more.

But even despite that still in my top 5 series.

Squilly

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 17, 2012
PA

Prison break and burn notice come to mind for this type of never endning cliff hangers

You mean to tell me the end is a cliffhanger? -_-
:eek::mad:

Mac'nCheese

Suspended
Feb 9, 2010
You mean to tell me the end is a cliffhanger? -_-
:eek::mad:

Not at all. How can anything that ends with a four years later tag and the main character dead be considered a cliff hanger? I think that's as solid an ending as you could hope for. But in today's cynical world I guess some people are like: well we didn't see Michael die so maybe he is still alive .....

Squilly

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 17, 2012
PA
Not at all. How can anything that ends with a four years later tag and the main character dead be considered a cliff hanger? I think that's as solid an ending as you could hope for. But in today's cynical world I guess some people are like: well we didn't see Michael die so maybe he is still alive .....

Michael dies? :(

Mac'nCheese

Suspended
Feb 9, 2010
Michael dies? :(

He has some kind of disease. You think its gone but his nose bleeds in the last episode which is foreshadowing that it came back. I find it hard to remember exactly. I loved the first season but it just went nuts....

Squilly

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 17, 2012
PA
He has some kind of disease. You think its gone but his nose bleeds in the last episode which is foreshadowing that it came back. I find it hard to remember exactly. I loved the first season but it just went nuts....

Oh... I just finished the episode where the Company performed surgery.

zioxide

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2006
This show was awesome at the beginning, but like many things in the entertainment industry, they try to milk it for all it's worth, and unfortunately they milked this show dry in the end.

turtle777

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2004

Yeah, Lost is a prime example.

It go so weird and twisted, there was no way to bring it to a reasonable end.

-t

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.