Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Feb 15, 2013, 10:39 PM   #1
frjonah
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to frjonah Send a message via Yahoo to frjonah Send a message via Skype™ to frjonah
Powerline Networking on Mac Pro

Just wanted to give a positive report about a super simple Powerline Network setup to get the web out to my printshop... Wifi broadcast from the house couldn't penetrate the steel building so I picked up a "TRENDnet TPL-406E2K Powerline 500 AV Nano Adapter Kit" on a Newegg "Shell Shocker" deal... I was afraid it wouldn't work since I've read reports of Powerline Networking not working on Macs to start with and the printshop is fed power through a subpanel... well, it was 100% plug-and-play and speeds are much better than what I see on my mbp on Wifi.

Here's the link to what I picked up:
TRENDnet TPL-406E2K Powerline 500 AV Nano Adapter Kit

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Tags
networking, powerline