Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MikeBusch2

macrumors newbie
May 31, 2012
My order placed January 25th just went to Preparing for Shipment two hours ago. Oh, and spreadsheet updated.

Update: About two minutes after I posted this, my status changed to shipped!

Last edited:

glintoz

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2012
My order placed January 18th just went to preparing for shipment!

Congrats. Mine is still at Shanghai Airport - shipped 13-Feb but didn't really go anywhere until late last night. My shipping date has also slipped from 19th to the 20th.

Hopefully yours will ship quickly

Dreamboy

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2012
My order placed January 25th just went to Preparing for Shipment two hours ago. Oh, and spreadsheet updated.

Update: About two minutes after I posted this, my status changed to shipped!

Wow my order was placed on January 30th. So my day is closer now. :)

MikeBusch2

macrumors newbie
May 31, 2012
You know something that's a little odd....my tracking number states the origin from Fremont, California instead of China. I remember reading some 21.5" models having their final assembly done in California, perhaps that's the case with some 27" models.

The Norseman

macrumors newbie
Feb 15, 2013
And mine changed....for the worse. It was to be delivered February 23 to March 2. Now it's February 25 to March 4 :(

I called Apple with a few questions. Although I didn't ask for it, they upgraded the shipping. My iMac (ordered January 28) now delivers February 22 to March 1.

virginblue4

macrumors 68020
Apr 15, 2012
United Kingdom
Mine is meant to arrive between 20th Feb - 27th Feb and its still processing! :mad:

Seems like it is cutting the line quite finely, especially since it's only shipping via standard shipping. Ordered on 26th Jan.

large farva

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 14, 2013
Melbourne, FL
It looks like many have shipped out this morning according to the spreadsheet, including mine.
Just wondering large farva, did your iMac arrive in good condition with no problems...
thanks

Mine arrived without a single issue. Not a single scratch, no screen scratches, nothing. Some people have been getting worried because they can hear a little noise coming from their iMacs, but I don't think it's an issue. Mine is mostly silent, but when I get into video heavy stuff such as gameplay while running Quicktime to screen record, the fan kicks in a little and you can somewhat hear it in a quiet room, but it's barely noticeable. So my iMac isn't 100% silent, as no computer is. Well, I'm not exactly 100% sure on that one, as I'm not familiar with every computer on the market. But every computer I've had (PC and Macs) has made SOME sort of noise, quiet or slightly louder at times, just the nature of moving parts.

Also, I remember someone saying boot up time was extremely slow with these new generation iMacs. Well, mine is pretty damn quick, and very quick compared to how fast my Mid-2011 booted up. I only have the 1TB 7200rpm HDD, I don't have the Fusion. I'll update with an exact time tomorrow morning when I start it up again. Also, going on a couple weeks and still not a single sign of image retention. How's everyone else's iMac's doing?

Arrow29

macrumors newbie
Jan 19, 2013
My order placed January 18th just went to preparing for shipment!

Shipped today :) Expected delivery is Thursday 21st February so will see how that goes. Tracking information hasn't been updated yet as only received the shipping notification an hour ago

Shpenza

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2010
Barcelona
I ordered my 27" i7 8mb of RAM, 675mx on Jan. 29. Checked today and it says preparing for shipment. I can now get excited. :D

Luck man!!! Apple re-order my iMAC on the 29th after cancelling my 15th order by mistake :( but its still processing, WTF!!! thats really not fair :cool:

Garemz

macrumors regular
Feb 7, 2008
Edmonton Alberta Canada
Anyone's order shipped via UPS?

I see fedex only

Ordered Jan 11 shipped Feb 16

Location Date Local Time Activity
Shanghai, China 02/16/2013 23:00 Arrival Scan
02/16/2013 22:00 Departure Scan
02/16/2013 19:09 Origin Scan
China 02/16/2013 7:10 Order Processed: Ready for UPS

ptk1101

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2011
Ordered on the 30th, now preparing for shipment :) I live in the Netherlands.

I ordered on 30th too, but still PI... I live in hongkong.

Processing Items
27 " iMac
Hide Configuration Details
Ships: 3-4 Weeks
Delivers 01/03/2013 - 08/03/2013

Configuration

2.9GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB
1TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX660M 512M GDDR5

MAGIC TRACKPAD
Apple WL Kybd+User's Guide-ZP
COUNTRY KIT-ZP

Shpenza

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2010
Barcelona
Looking at the tracking spreadsheet today, seems like orders from the 26th to 30th are moving, a bit mixed up because my 29th order is still processing but i am hoping for an update soon :D

Bolteh

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2007
Not sure if I mentioned this, but my ETA changed from 11-22 Mar to 8-21 Mar last week.

Ordered on 30 Jan.

The upside of this is that my PS3 is getting a lot of extra love during these dire computer-less times.

JasperNL

macrumors member
May 18, 2012
Ordered on the 30th, now preparing for shipment :) I live in the Netherlands.

Now it says: "There are no orders associated with this account that were placed in the past 90 days."..... ?

Never mind, it's back again ;)

Last edited:

Illyamac

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2012
Valkenburg, NL
Now it says: "There are no orders associated with this account that were placed in the past 90 days."..... ?

Never mind, it's back again ;)

Ordered mine on 30 Nov through premium reseller. No movement at all.
Maybe better cancel it and wait for the pro.

Greetings,

Valkenburg ad Geul, The Netherlands.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.