Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iainiainiain

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 16, 2013
Hi ,

1. how do you know where to look to find out what version of i tunes you have ?
(i have PC by the way)

2. what is the latest version of itunes ?

3. at the moment i have problems in that the "play count" is very random, sometimes it remembers to go up by 1 each time a song plays and on the otherhand there are songs that have been played loads of times and are currently at a play count of 0 - (has anyone else had this problem ?)

4. with problem number 3, would you recommend installing latest version of i tunes now or when the next version is created AND, do you think this method will solve the problem ?

Cheers :)

DefBref

macrumors 6502
Feb 26, 2011
1) Help - about itunes. You ca also check for updates in the help menu.

2) Currently 11.0.1.12.

jesseluke

macrumors newbie
Hi ,

1. how do you know where to look to find out what version of i tunes you have ?
(i have PC by the way)

2. what is the latest version of itunes ?

3. at the moment i have problems in that the "play count" is very random, sometimes it remembers to go up by 1 each time a song plays and on the otherhand there are songs that have been played loads of times and are currently at a play count of 0 - (has anyone else had this problem ?)

4. with problem number 3, would you recommend installing latest version of i tunes now or when the next version is created AND, do you think this method will solve the problem ?

Cheers :)

Yes, I am having incredibly challenging problems with the play count. (along with MANY other issues with the new itunes)

The latest version does not work either, so whoever recomended that is just blowing smoke up your ass.

This new version of itunes is simply a big pain in the ass. I can not do many of the things I use to that are VERY important to my lifestyle.

I feel like they lured me in with all kinds of great features, & then "upgraded" to this piece of ****.

Can you tell I'm pissed?

iainiainiain

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 16, 2013
Yes, I am having incredibly challenging problems with the play count. (along with MANY other issues with the new itunes)

The latest version does not work either, so whoever recomended that is just blowing smoke up your ass.

This new version of itunes is simply a big pain in the ass. I can not do many of the things I use to that are VERY important to my lifestyle.

I feel like they lured me in with all kinds of great features, & then "upgraded" to this piece of ****.

Can you tell I'm pissed?

Not that I am glad your are having problems with play count but I am glad I am not the only one.

No-one recommended me to have the latest version, i had to upgrade, otherwise I couldn't download any songs :(

Yes I felt pissed when they made me upgrade - My Itunes version 4 worked brilliantly - now with the shiny version it doesn't ! If it aint broke don't try to fix it :confused:

iainiainiain

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 16, 2013
Other slight niggles with I tunes Version 11.0.1.12 I've come accross are :

1. Sometimes when I open i tunes - it doesn't correctly fit to the page - i.e. the scroll bar is hidden and i have to mess about with resizing the window to fit my screen

2. When creating a playlist, and having over 1 hours worth of songs in that playlist it only tells you that you have 1.1 hours / 1.2 hours etc and not exactly how many hours, minutes and seconds worth of songs on it. This is annoying because I always like to fill a CD to its maximum potential to save waste and to minimise how many CD's I carry around with me.

3. The full library only tells you how many days worth of songs you have, again - no hours, minutes or seconds

Overall, all very time consuming and frustrating ESPECIALLY as older versions did not have these problems.

Anyone else have these issues ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.