Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Feb 16, 2013, 09:28 AM   #1
tjlmbklr
macrumors member

Unable to activate new (to me) 4S with Straight Talk, T-Mobile or old AT&T SIM

I just bought a 32GB 4S from Ebay. I currently use straight talk on my 4 and was thinking it would be a simple SIM swap and be done. I keep getting
"iPhone could not be activated because the activation server is temporarily unavailable.". I even tried my old AT&T SIM and a working T-Mobile SIM. They all do the same thing. I have also restored 4 times, 3 of which using DFU mode.

I have called AT&T and they have verified the phone is not blacklisted and that is should be unlocked.

Any ideas. I have an appointment today at the Apple store but am hoping to save a trip.

Thanks.

Last edited by tjlmbklr; Feb 16, 2013 at 10:17 AM.
tjlmbklr is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone