Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Feb 14, 2013, 07:44 PM   #126
crisss1205
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to crisss1205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cscottrun View Post
I am by MeadowBrook elementary, but looks like I just switched back to 4g so.
I think it really has to do with the network congestion. I live near Parkway Elementary and I never see LTE in my house. The only time I saw LTE was during the snow storm last week, and the week after Sandy where people lost power and couldn't charge their phones.

East Meadow is the cutoff and my house seems to be in a void on the coverage map.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-02-14 at 8.46.22 PM.png
Views:	19
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	397018  
Old Feb 14, 2013, 07:47 PM   #127
Cscottrun
macrumors regular

Yea I was always in the cut off. Only when they first were testing in Nassau was I able to pick up even one bar. Now I have 4.
Cscottrun is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 08:08 PM   #128
crisss1205
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cscottrun View Post
Yea I was always in the cut off. Only when they first were testing in Nassau was I able to pick up even one bar. Now I have 4.
Scratch that. I am now seeing 5 bars LTE in Levittown by Best Buy and BJs.

I have never seen that before. Definitely an improvement in coverage.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	192.2 KB
ID:	397020  

Last edited by crisss1205; Feb 14, 2013 at 08:17 PM. Reason: Spelling
crisss1205 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 10:06 PM   #129
swiftbmx
macrumors regular

Yup, seems like they turned it on today. Confirmed for Hicksville and Plainview.
swiftbmx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2013, 06:55 AM   #130
MikeTHIS
macrumors newbie

I am in Western Suffolk at the moment (Wyandanch) and just got LTE. Eastern Nassau was terrible on 3G yesterday. Now I know why.

Edit: Speed test added
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	194.4 KB
ID:	397101  

Last edited by MikeTHIS; Feb 15, 2013 at 07:10 AM.
MikeTHIS is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2013, 10:08 AM   #131
jac2598
macrumors newbie

Starting yesterday I was able to get LTE west of Route 111. They're definitely rolling it out further. Before yesterday, I was only getting LTE west of the meadowbrook.
jac2598 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2013, 12:51 PM   #132
Neverbepeace
macrumors 6502a

LTE is live here in Massapequa park
Neverbepeace is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2013, 09:45 AM   #133
jps1012
macrumors 6502a

http://www.idownloadblog.com/2013/02...folk-counties/

http://www.att.com/gen/press-room?pi...works|wireless
jps1012 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2013, 07:11 PM   #134
l.i. bruce fan
macrumors newbie

Question Wondering if anyone else's iPhone 5 switches back and forth from LTE to 4G?

Wondering if anyone else is seeing this:

I know when you make a call the iPhone 5 switches from LTE to 4G b/c at this time there is no voice calling over LTE.

However, for the last 2 weeks or so it doesn't switch back to LTE right away after the call, it sometimes switches back to LTE after being "off" (screen off but in standy), otherwise if I go to "Enable LTE" in Settings and toggle off then back on, LTE will come back.

Called AT&T, they are clueless, suggested that I go into a corporate store to swap SIM cards.

From what I see on other forums, this is happening in other AT&T markets and most of the time SIM swaps do not resolve the problem (neither does swapping hardware).

Funny thing is, I don't remember seeing this occur before AT&T turned on LTE in Eastern Nassau - my office is in Garden City and we've had LTE there for months and only recently am I noticing this.

I don't want to waste time and effort with a SIM swap or swapping my iPhone at the Apple Store, but since this is coinciding with a tremendous dip in battery life over the past couple of weeks (and I'm wondering if this constant switching back and forth between LTE, 4G and ocassionally Edge might have something to do with that), I may have to, just don't want to run around trying everything and anything.

thanks in advance!
l.i. bruce fan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2013, 09:01 AM   #135
l.i. bruce fan
macrumors newbie

Anybody? Bueller...Bueller...Bueller...
Old Mar 22, 2013, 10:40 AM   #136
apollo1444
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by l.i. bruce fan View Post
Wondering if anyone else is seeing this:

I know when you make a call the iPhone 5 switches from LTE to 4G b/c at this time there is no voice calling over LTE.

However, for the last 2 weeks or so it doesn't switch back to LTE right away after the call, it sometimes switches back to LTE after being "off" (screen off but in standy), otherwise if I go to "Enable LTE" in Settings and toggle off then back on, LTE will come back.

Called AT&T, they are clueless, suggested that I go into a corporate store to swap SIM cards.

From what I see on other forums, this is happening in other AT&T markets and most of the time SIM swaps do not resolve the problem (neither does swapping hardware).

Funny thing is, I don't remember seeing this occur before AT&T turned on LTE in Eastern Nassau - my office is in Garden City and we've had LTE there for months and only recently am I noticing this.

I don't want to waste time and effort with a SIM swap or swapping my iPhone at the Apple Store, but since this is coinciding with a tremendous dip in battery life over the past couple of weeks (and I'm wondering if this constant switching back and forth between LTE, 4G and ocassionally Edge might have something to do with that), I may have to, just don't want to run around trying everything and anything.

thanks in advance!
It also happens to me and I live in another country (yes mexico has lte lol) I think this happens because the coverage seems to be strong (signal says so) but in reality theres probably one or two anntenas nearby very weak signals

I've noticed it goes back to LTE after a call when there is a really really really good antenna coverage like downtown not the suburbs (I've used a jailbreak tweak called signal 2 to check on LTE antenna avaliability)...or

apple really has to improve the antenna switching to be faster
apollo1444 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2013, 08:27 AM   #137
l.i. bruce fan
macrumors newbie

Anybody notice AT&T cell signal fluctuating tremendously in Nassau/Suffolk over the past week or so?

This past weekend, I had "No Service" and 1-2 bars of LTE, 4G and even Edge in Massapequa Park (I ignored the same thing happening on Fire Island as I assumed it was an outlying area and may still have loss of service after Hurrican/Superstorm Sandy).

But I have also seen Edge pop up at work (Garden City/Uniondale) and home (Plainview) in addition to LTE signal increasing tremendously, from 2 bars to 4-5, just to drop back to 2 later in the day.

Anybody else?
Old Jul 9, 2013, 01:42 PM   #138
scott99
macrumors 6502

No LTE in Great Neck LI. What's strange is, Jersey City where I work used to be a major dead zone. Just terrible as far as internet, dropping calls, etc. Now in Jersey City where I work, I usually get 3 bars and CONSTANT LTE. But at home in Great Neck, I don't have LTE. Which doesn't matter since I have wifi. But I'd love to see LTE in all of Long Island including where I live.
scott99 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2013, 09:24 PM   #139
Exvidious
macrumors newbie

I live over by the Smith Haven Mall, no LTE. I have horrible reception as it is. Hate AT&T.
Exvidious is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2013, 01:31 PM   #140
l.i. bruce fan
macrumors newbie

I just spent nearly an hour on an online chat with AT&T tech support, what a waste of time!

On top of not being able to diagnose not even solve my constantly fluctuating reception, the 2 different reps I chatted with contradicted each other concerning the status of the cell towers in my location.

What a joke!
Old Jul 13, 2013, 10:07 AM   #141
bigjim83
macrumors 6502

I have seen LTE as far over as Deer Park in Suffolk
bigjim83 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2013, 11:15 AM   #142
crisss1205
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjim83 View Post
I have seen LTE as far over as Deer Park in Suffolk
That is nothing new. AT&T has had LTE service up to around Smithtown and East Islip for a while.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone