Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Jan 3, 2013, 10:59 AM   #126
potatis
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by boy412 View Post
So I had a 1TB AppleTV running for quite some time. I bought the Advantec adapter and a 1TB Western Digital Scorpio Blue 2.5" SATA drive. Recently I could not get the AppleTV to boot...it was stuck in recovery mode. I popped in my original 160GB IDE drive and was able to get up and running again.

I've ordered one of the Brando adapters just for troubleshooting, so we will see if that has any effect.

I am re-reading through this thread in preparation to re-clone the drive if need be. Does anyone know where to get a copy of AtvCloner? The link on iClarified's site is broken. I could use the other method, but the AtvCloner worked so nicely I'd prefer to use that again...if I can find a copy.

If someone reading this has a copy can you please let me know?

Thanks..
How did it work out for you? I take it that the Advantage adapter works with 1 TB drives then. I have the same adapter and a 1 TB Hitachi I can't get to work, although a 500 GB Seagate works fine. Using AtvCloner ...there was a link in a similar thread here.
potatis is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2013, 05:59 PM   #127
6EQUJ5
macrumors newbie

Question IDE ribbon cable for Apple TV 1st Gen?

I'm looking for a shorter 44-pin ide cable (female to female) to replace the apple (foxconn) one in my 1st gen apple tv... i've bought a couple off ebay but the 44-pin cables were a little wider than apple's proprietary version so it doesn't fit. does anyone know where i can find one that will fit? maybe a place that makes custom ide ribbon cables?
6EQUJ5 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2013, 10:25 PM   #128
crhendo
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6EQUJ5 View Post
I'm looking for a shorter 44-pin ide cable (female to female) to replace the apple (foxconn) one in my 1st gen apple tv... i've bought a couple off ebay but the 44-pin cables were a little wider than apple's proprietary version so it doesn't fit. does anyone know where i can find one that will fit? maybe a place that makes custom ide ribbon cables?
I looked long and hard for one of these a few months ago. I even tried to order the part from Apple without any success. It is definitely a non-standard size as I have tried 5 different ribbon cables that "appeared" to match the description. Sorry I can't be of more help.
crhendo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2013, 02:07 PM   #129
dubs1856
macrumors newbie

Trick to format 750gb Hard Drive?

I successfully formatted a 320GB hard drive for my apple tv using ATVCloner software. I just purchased the 750GB western digital scorpion blue drive linked a couple of pages back and I am having issues with it not formatting a couple of the partitions on the drive. I am checking the box for large disk in the ATVCloner software. What have others been using to successfully format the 750GB drives?
dubs1856 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2013, 04:23 PM   #130
Cave Man
macrumors 604

Location: Neander Valley, Germany; just outside of Duesseldorf
I've done a 1.5 TB eSATA drive but I can't recall how I did it. I think I did it before ATV Cloner was available, but it's been so long ago I'm not certain.
Old Mar 22, 2013, 06:11 PM   #131
dubs1856
macrumors newbie

Got it to work

I'm not sure what was going on but I tried it out on another computer and it worked no problem.
dubs1856 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2013, 01:01 PM   #132
xelanaiznac
macrumors newbie

hi guys. do you know if a 2,5 2tb sata drive will work with tha pata adapter? is the disk recognized?

Last edited by xelanaiznac; Sep 4, 2013 at 03:43 AM.
xelanaiznac is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater