Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gallo889

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2009
So the system I ordered December 14 from a reseller (27" i5/3.2 GH/3TB Fusion/680 MX/trackpad) arrived today ... exactly 8 weeks after order.

It shipped from Apple Feb 1, one day after the "January" timeframe given at order placement.

Fired the bad-boy up and and the cheery BONG had hardly faded before I observed a quarter-inch vertical line of dead pixels in the middle center of the screen.

Next up: an Apple store appointment tomorrow ...

laryenhilllvr

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2012
NYC
I finally recieved my computer (config in sig) yesterday. i probably have the longest time from shipped to received becuase it was forwarded to an apo address.

SN: i am terribly sorry for those that are still waiting for their order:( hopefully it will come soon!

sijyprakasan

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2013
Melbourne
Ordered a 27" iMac on 22nd December through David Jones in Melbourne, just got a call from them that IT'S ARRIVED .....I have been following the thread for weeks to gauge when I would possibly get mine and had kind off started expecting to get it around March 1st week (hopefully)...but good to be pleasantly surprised !!!

Hopefully you guys get ur iMacs soon .

27-inch iMac, 3.4GHz i7 , 8GB RAM , 1TB Fusion Drive, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB GDDR5, Apple Magic Mouse, Trackpad, Apple Keyboard.

i-Rich

macrumors member
Jan 9, 2013
Ordered in Perth, Western Australia, 20th Dec and arrived at the APR today - a total of 57 days! A pretty miserable process!

Looking forward to pick it up this afternoon!

Darthdrax

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2013
Rotterdam, Netherlands
Still waiting here in Sweden. Ordered the 5th of december. They have handled this roll out like crap. :(

Woodztream, I know what it's like. I ordered mine Dec 1st here in Netherlands and got info today that Apple seems to have committed themselves to the APR's that all back-orders will be delivered within the next 4 weeks. Making the delivery time 3 months in total.

Might be worth checking if Apple gave the same committment to the Swedish dealer network.

Machine is out of specs before it hits the larger public.......

Digi7

macrumors newbie
Feb 7, 2013
Mine just shipped. Weird thing is that its coming from Newark, CA instead of China. Does Apple even make any iMacs in the US?

Hakiroto

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2011
On Monday I ordered a 27" iMac with 3.4GHz/8GB RAM/2GB 680MX/1 TB FUSION/Magic Trackpad from the Apple online store here in Germany. I got an email today with the estimated delivery date of April 3 - April 12. :(

IanRS

macrumors newbie
Feb 22, 2013
We have had 12x 27inch ones on order since about the 18th of December through a re-seller in the UK. All standard apart from a wired mouse/ keyboard and our delivery dates keeps getting pushed back. March 6th it is now (approx 85days :eek:).
I think its a pretty poor do from Apple, and I'm beginning to think we should have gone with PC's :rolleyes:

Lets hope they turn up soon.

magpie01

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2013
Ordered mine 9 weeks ago today from an APR. I didn't realise that it took longer when ordering through an APR. I don't know why its taking so long! What are they waiting on?

Hakiroto

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2011
I ordered my iMac (see the post just above for the spec) last week and I checked the website this morning to see that my estimated date had changed from April 3 - April 12 to March 28 - April 3 (I think). Either way, it's shifted a week in the right direction :)

woodztream

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2012
Woodztream, I know what it's like. I ordered mine Dec 1st here in Netherlands and got info today that Apple seems to have committed themselves to the APR's that all back-orders will be delivered within the next 4 weeks. Making the delivery time 3 months in total.

Might be worth checking if Apple gave the same committment to the Swedish dealer network.

Machine is out of specs before it hits the larger public.......

That's terrible to hear. Well mine has arrived now anyways. Great machine but I can't say wel worth the wait. The wait was just too long! :)

Got yours yet?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.