Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Feb 16, 2013, 10:10 PM   #1
ViperDesign
macrumors 6502a

Missing purchased movies on Apple TV, iTunes

So I purchased Argo, Flight, Skyfall, and those movies are not only missing on Apple TV but also iTunes purchased area.

What is going on? I downloaded them already so I have them on my computer, but I want them in the cloud as well.

Any ideas why they would be missing?
Old Feb 16, 2013, 11:15 PM   #2
kage207
macrumors 6502a

Do you have multiple Apple IDs? If so, check all of them, you might accidentally have bought it on a different one.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 12:03 AM   #3
ViperDesign
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by kage207 View Post
Do you have multiple Apple IDs? If so, check all of them, you might accidentally have bought it on a different one.
Same ID. Really weird.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 03:36 PM   #4
ViperDesign
macrumors 6502a

Well I sent in an email to iTunes support. I am also missing Here goes the Boom as well on both iTunes purchased and apple TV purchased page.

They are not hidden either, very weird to say the least.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 05:21 PM   #5
HMI
macrumors 6502a

I believe your concerns may be at least partially related to mine on this thread:
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1534906

There is definitely something weird happening on the "purchased" section of iTunes that could be caused by iTunes in the Cloud.

I don't think it is necessarily an AppleID email issue, as I'm able to see and playback content I've purchased with two separate AppleID email addresses I own and used while only logged into my current iTunes AppleID email address account.

But I think you are right that something weird is happening.

On a different note, alll the movies you listed are recent releases, and may have some specific contractual legalities with the studios about being (or not being) available for re-download after the initial purchase and download. I don't know whether or not this is true in your case.

In general, some specific titles seem to appear/disappear/maybe re-appear over time as iTunes changes their Library. There isn't much you can do about this other than keep your own physical backups on external drives, and start to think of iCloud as more of an online convenience than your only storage, backup, or playback service.

Otherwise, I applaud your taste in movie purchases!

Please keep us posted! Thanks!
HMI is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2013, 12:24 AM   #6
DP812
macrumors regular

Seems like something to e-mail iTunes support about. But my guess would be that HMI is right on the money about there being some contractual reason related to the studios about why they aren't available in the cloud.
DP812 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2013, 06:17 AM   #7
oosk2k11
macrumors newbie

Hey dude I also had this issue. Seems to be a common problem. But good news! I have a solution.

Your purchases are merely hidden.

As copied from http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4919?v...S&locale=en_US

To unhide your purchases
Open iTunes on your computer. You can download the latest version of iTunes here.
If you're not already signed in, choose Store > Sign in. If you're signed in, skip to step 4.
Enter your Apple ID and password, then click the Sign In button.
Choose Store > View My Account. (You may be asked to enter your password again).
Click on View Hidden Purchases from your Account Information page.
Choose a content type by clicking Music, TV shows, Apps, or Books from the top.
Click the Unhide button next to the item you would like to restore.
If you have too many to unhide individually, e-mail or Chat with iTunes Support and they'll unhide them for you.

Hope it helps. If it works, spread the word!

Cheers
oosk2k11 is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2013, 09:52 PM   #8
moldy lunchbox
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by oosk2k11 View Post
Hey dude I also had this issue. Seems to be a common problem. But good news! I have a solution.

Your purchases are merely hidden.

As copied from http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4919?v...S&locale=en_US

To unhide your purchases
Open iTunes on your computer. You can download the latest version of iTunes here.
If you're not already signed in, choose Store > Sign in. If you're signed in, skip to step 4.
Enter your Apple ID and password, then click the Sign In button.
Choose Store > View My Account. (You may be asked to enter your password again).
Click on View Hidden Purchases from your Account Information page.
Choose a content type by clicking Music, TV shows, Apps, or Books from the top.
Click the Unhide button next to the item you would like to restore.
If you have too many to unhide individually, e-mail or Chat with iTunes Support and they'll unhide them for you.

Hope it helps. If it works, spread the word!

Cheers
Thank you for finding this. I just switched to a Mac and spent forever trying to find out why my iTunes movie purchases on Windows weren't showing up on the Mac. This did the trick, I don't know why they "hide them" but I know for now.
moldy lunchbox is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater